ten

I've actually finished this story and it's in my drafts. fucking hell it is S O sad. it's fourteen chapters exactly.

anyways, off of the sad shit. my new story is called "Joe's Cousin" so that ought to be interesting. check it out..??

everyone is gay. [morgan/reid (from criminal minds) {aka otp #27494727} in this chap so yayyyy]

Pete was diagnosed with panic disorder when he was about five years old. His first panic attack was when his parents' marriage started to fail. He freaked out and fell to the ground, clutching at his chest.

So when he found out about Patrick in the hospital, well, let's just say that he was lucky to already be in a hospital. He was admitted into the hospital a day after Patrick's choking incident.

The doctor assigned him a therapist/detective to speak with him about Patrick's accident. His name was Doctor Spencer Reid, and he was damn hot. Except his husband, Damon or something, decided to tag along also. And Pete does not mess with guys that are bigger than him. Well, not with Devin at least.

"I understand that your boyfriend has been admitted into the hospital for being choked and is now in a coma.
How've you been holding up, Mr. Wentz?" He gets right down to the topic, barely even introducing himself and Duke. Pete can tell they both take their jobs very seriously.

"Ex boyfriend," Is all Pete says. He doesn't answer the question or make a comment about it, even. It's like he didn't even hear the guy.

"Kid, he can help you. He can make it better," Dominic says, pointing at Reid, who just nods in agreement.

"Can he get Patrick to wake up?" Pete says, staring more behind the couple than at them. Spencer frowns, putting his head in his hands.

"Well, I.. I can't do that. Unfortunately. But maybe you can go speak to him? That could help," Spencer suggests. Pete nods, and, after his doctor approves it, he goes to speak to Patrick.

Derek stops Spencer and says, "You know he's probably not going to wake up, right?" Spencer nods, letting out a sigh.

"I just.. felt bad for him. The guy he's in love with is most likely going to die. If that was you, I'd kill myself, D," And Spencer hugs Derek, Derek patting his back and placing a kiss on his head.

Meanwhile, Pete is in Patrick's room with tears streaming down his face. There's all kinds of tubes down Patrick's throat and needles in his arms and hands. This isn't Patrick. This isn't Pete's Patrick.

Pete doesn't say anything to Patrick or to the nurses that are in the room. He sits there in the chair next to Patrick with his knees hugged to his chest until the nurse says, "Honey, you want some coffee? You're probably going to be here for a while," Pete just nods.

And then he and Patrick are alone while the nice nurse goes to get Pete his straight black coffee. The problem? Pete doesn't drink black coffee. He puts so much sugar in it that it's not even funny. But he's not complaining.

"What's your story, hun?" The nurse asks when she hands Pete his coffee. She sits in the chair on the other side of Patrick's bed, drinking her own coffee.

"He was my boyfriend. I loved him. But the biggest mistake of my life was when I rejected him in front of everyone. I was afraid to come out," Pete says in one breath. And, wow, he's crying again.

"Sweetie, I'm not going to say that it'll all be okay, because, chances are, it's not. Just let it out," She leans across the bed, taking one of Pete's hands. He knows it's true.

"I just want another chance. To tell everyone how much I love him. Because I do. I'm in love with him," Pete lies his head on Patrick's thigh, breathing rough and hard. "You hear that, 'Trick? I love you. You can't die. You can't leave me here,"

And that's how Pete ended up in Patrick's hospital room at half past midnight with his head on Patrick's thigh, crying his eyes out.