𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓸𝓷𝓮

Seven seas, vast and wide, stretching far and deep inside, each with tales of old and new, waiting to be explored. From Arctic waters cold and blue, to the warm Caribbean sea so true.

Seven seas that are meant to be explored near and far, but none have been more successful than that of the British Empire.

The British had dominated the seas for years, and intended to keep growing and growing their power until the King himself owns all land and all water. They wanted everything for themselves and will stop at nothing till they colonized the entire world.

But fortunately, not all held the same wants, not all within the British Isles wanted to own and control everything.

Some merely wanted to explore and admire everything the Earth had to offer, including James Grant, the son of a wealthy Lord in London. One day, James used his father's gold to charter a ship to the Americas. He sailed far far away from his home and native land to spend his life out on the sea and exploring the land. He first landed in the southern region of the American Colonies and came across a tribe of natives who had been forcibly removed and cast out of their homeland. They lived on the outskirts of the land, further south than they had ever been before, all because they had no choice.

It was either that or death.

James's heart ached for the people. He was a good man with a good heart. He never approved of how the Europeans treated natives, and at that moment he wanted to do everything in his power to help them.

But the people didn't need his help. In fact, the people were better off without him.

They didn't want his gold, for what could they buy with it?

They didn't want his ship, for why would they want to abandon their land?

And so, James helped in other ways. He began to learn the culture and customs of the people. He learned how they made their food and clothes. He learned how they told stories and treat the Earth with love and respect, a drastic contrast to that of the English.

But as James spent more and more time with them, he got closer and closer to a woman whose name was Awe. As their bond grew, he learned the meaning behind her name.

Water.

A sacred substance to most tribes, and considered to be the home of divine beings

A sacred substance to most tribes, and considered to be the home of divine beings. It's something Awe has felt connected to her entire life. She had always looked out to the see and dreamt of what it would be like. What it would be like to sail around the world to see everything the mother had to offer.

And so, they did just that.

James and Awe used their love and their passion to go out and sail the seas. They remained together for years. They married at sea, and brought a child into the world on it as well.

Diana Noya Grant was born on a stormy night, where the sea was angry and the skies were screaming. Awe pushed and pushed, she did everything she can to ensure her child was born safely, while James took care of the ship.