𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓯𝓸𝓾𝓻

Ultimately, the pirate is caught and placed behind bars down in the dungeons, where the prisoners holler and beg for the dog with the keys in its mouth to come forth. But the night grows cold, colder than most, as Diana warms up Elizabeth's bed with hot coals. She places them under the covers, then watches the girl toy with the golden medallion.

" What is it?" Diana asks.

" What is what?" Elizabeth ponders.

" Who are you thinking about?"

" No one."

" Are you thinking about Will?"

Elizabeth's eyes perk up to meet her gaze, which only confirms her pestering thoughts.

" You look too happy to be thinking about the Commodore," Diana observes, " And you always fiddle with your necklace when you think about the Turner boy."

Elizabeth soon drops the necklace upon realizing she holds it between her fingers, all while Diana goes to the windows to close the drapes, but in doing so sees a ship moving in the shadows, one with black sails that harbor a crew of the damned, one she's only heard stories of.

The Black Pearl.

It sends a chill down Diana's spine as slowly shuts the drapes and turns to the door. She hears the chaos ensuing outside, and steps outside of Elizabeth's room as the canon fire rumbles and the people scream.

Diana grabs a sword as she stalks down the steps and to the door, where pirates run amuck through the streets, and so she comes back to the nature she was raised upon.

How to use a sword.

Diana swings the steel blade against the foe, who only cackle in her face

Diana swings the steel blade against the foe, who only cackle in her face. The pirates think little of her at first, but her stone-cold face and expert swordsmanship make them think twice. She completely forgets herself as she fights against the pirates, only coming back to reality as she hears the sound of Elizabeth screaming. Her head turns to see Elizabeth being dragged out of her home by some pirates, and she freezes for just a moment.

Diana attempts to run after her and save the girl, but the other pirates won't let her. They fight her off, grouping against her to prevent her from nearing the cursed ship, but with a sword in her hands, Diana is near unstoppable.

" Let her go!" Diana commands as she steps aboard the ship.

But the pirates only laugh in her face as the Captain steps forward.

" My my... what have we here?" The Captain ponders, " Have ye lost ya, tribe?"

" Do not make me repeat myself, pirate," Diana utters as she remains strong.

And despite everything she learned growing up on the seas, it's no match for the might and magic of the dead. The pirates are cursed and putrid. The pirates care not for just some girl with a sword.

They only care for Elizabeth because she holds the medallion and supposedly has Turner blood.

Diana gets met with the same fate from years ago and is pushed off the ship, where she lands in the water as the pirates laugh once more. They all taunt the woman as the ship begins to sail, while she wades in the water like a fool. The breath leaves her lungs as quickly as it enters as she watches the Black Pearl sail away with the young girl she was meant to watch over and protect.

Diana climbs out of the water, now drenched from head to toe, and tries to find at least one familiar face amidst all the chaos.

" Diana?"

She runs up to the Turner boy, who looks absolutely confused, covered in dirt as he stands before a burning building.

" They took her... Will, they took Elizabeth?"

" Who took her?"

" Pirates."

 ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦