𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮

Elizabeth begins her day like any other, waking up and immediately going to retrieve her secret medallion which sits in a secret compartment in her drawer. She places it around her neck, then gasps and hides it once she hears the knock on her door.

" Elizabeth. Are you all right? Are you decent?"

  " Yes," She calls out to her father

The governor enters the room, followed by servants and his daughter's precious companion.

" I have a gift for you," The governor announces as the box is presented and opened

  " It's beautiful!" Elizabeth notes as she pulls out the dress," May I inquire as to the occasion?

  " Does a father need an occasion to dote upon his daughter?" He ponders, " Go on. I had hoped you might wear it for the ceremony today."

  " The ceremony?" She asks as she gets ushered behind the partition.

Elizabeth's eyes give it all away as she looks directly at Diana, who holds her upright as the corset gets tightened behind her.

  " Captain Norrington's promotion ceremony, "Commodore Norrington, as he's about to become. A fine gentleman, don't you think?" Diana inhales sharply, forcing herself to not roll her eyes, "He fancies you, you know. How's it coming?"

  " It's difficult to say," Elizabeth pants

  " It's the latest fashion in London."

  " Women in London must've learned not to breathe!"

Elizabeth gasps as the corset gets tied, feeling her insides to be squashed as she steps in front of the mirror.

" How do you feel?" Diana asks.

" Like I'm wearing a dress made by a man," Elizabeth states before she sits down in a chair by her vanity.

Diana styles the girl's hair so that she looks absolutely stunning before they exit her room and join the governor, who's meeting with a man head-over-heels for his daughter.

  " Elizabeth. You look absolutely stunning," The governor praises as his daughter descends the steps with her hand-maiden right behind her.

And the Turner boy cannot keep his eyes off of her.

" Will... it's so good to see you," Elizabeth smiles, " I had a dream about you last night."

  " About me?" Will stutters.

" About the day we met. Remember?" She asks.

  " How could I forget, Miss Swann?"

  " How many times must I ask you to call me Elizabeth?"

" At least once more, Miss Swann. As always."

The two smile at one another, exchanging loving glances as Diana stays quiet like a mouse behind them.

  " There. See? At least the boy has a sense of propriety," The governor notes. We really must be going."

" Good day, Mr. Turner."

  " Good day... Elizabeth."

Diana stands with Elizabeth in the sweltering heat throughout the ceremony. They listen to the music and watch the men in red coats march. They stand quite bored, yet must stay. Diana notices the young girl begin to loose her balance, and so props her up right as to not draw much attention.

 Diana notices the young girl begin to loose her balance, and so props her up right as to not draw much attention