New Season, New Competition

'Is the million really worth this?' was Heather's continuous thought on the way to the airport.

After just barely losing Total Drama Island and leaving way earlier on Total Drama Action, she was obviously very excited for another season and another chance. But she was quickly reminded why the game wasn't as easy as expected.

Seated next to her was Duncan and Courtney, both having a passionate conversation/argument on their strategy and contracts for the season. On the other side was a loud Izzy spouting off randomness to a loudly smelling Owen. Stuck in between a couple sensory hell. 'I hope the rest of the season isn't like this'

Looking around the bus at her previous allies, enemies, and victims, all loud and annoying to her. Heather began chewing on her nails and tuning out the nonsensical conversations, choosing to focus on her own thoughts rather than the competition. This season had to be different. After the last two seasons and the subsequent hate campaign online following her cut-throat actions, she knew her image was in need of repair. Not just for the game but for her own sake. No million and everyone hates you? Not a good situation. This season would be damage control. This season she would make alliances based on trust instead of fear, despite being really good at making them fear her.

She scoffed off that thought as they arrived. Peeking out the window, she spotted Chris with a big cheesy smile giving his opening monologue to the cameras. 'Narcissistic jerk, this is the last time I put up with him' dreading the sound of his voice she switched her attention to the production people slipping in. They went around the bus attaching mics. Then just as soon as they had entered, they left. Except the women attaching a mic to the new guy across from Heather.

Heather scanned him up and down. He was the man from the Celebrity Manhunt special. Chris' new pet with elegant long hair, nice muscles, and a well-dressed look. Definitely a guy she'd go for at school, but this is the game.

"Ah I'm sorry, I'm not used to these tv things. How does this normally work?" He looked up at her, batting his eyelashes and flashing a bright smile. The woman giggled and leaned in clipping the mic to his shirt pocket, "It clips on easily every morning for these group shots. It's really no problem," He nodded and spoke again, "And can such a beautifully intelligent woman tell me what we'll be doing today? Just so I can keep an eye on the mic, you know?"

As the others ignored the newbie's questions in favor of scoping out the airport runway, Heather listened more attentively than ever. He was clearly flirting with her for information. She knew. She had used that strategy on both Trent and Duncan in the past. But those were other competitors! 'He's trying to manipulate the staff? How far would he go for an advantage? I need to keep an eye on him'

The women responded vaguely, clearly coached on how to respond to information gathering by the contestants. Then she left a very disappointed Alejandro scanning the cabin. Looking to see who noticed his attempt. Most of the others were heading to the front to exit. After noticing only Heather looking, he shot her a calculated grin.

"Chris doesn't like to give like any information on the challenges or whatever. Makes it easier to catch us off guard and piss us off," She responded to his look.

"I see by your tone it usually works. Although I am always prepared," He said and stood up following everyone else out of the bus.

Only one sentence and it raised the hair on her arm and back of her neck. In one interaction he taunted her and flirted with her. 'Oh I am definitely not letting him out of my sight!'

-------------

Chris began introducing everyone at random. Heather stepped off, one of the first. With an evil smirk, she quickly forgot the promise she had made to herself about being a good person. She stopped deliberately early, letting Gwen smack into the pack they were each given. Outraged, Gwen begs Chris for an assigned seat far away from Heather and her "fake hair".