Racing Thoughts

Listening to his new teammates put a damper on Alejandro's cocky mood. Introductions had gone perfectly. Each contestant had either ignored him or swooned at his charm. But now, he was placed on a team that, in his opinion, was full of idiots. How was his strategy, flirtation, going to work when none of his teammates responded to him? 'Owen and Noah are too busy entertaining each other, and Tyler and Sierra are two wildcards. I'm going to have to revise my strategy'

The sound of Team Chris Is Really (4x) Hot mindlessly talking drew Alejandro out of his trance. Izzy and Sierra were chatting about boys and clearly annoying the rest of the contestants. Behind them stood a very annoyed looking Heather. She was staring at the girls, clearly holding back some classic Heather anger. Watching this short scene gave Alejandro an idea. He knew from watching the previous seasons that Heather was a powerhouse player. Her only weakness? Dumb allies annoying her. If he could use this against her team, of almost all girls, he could survive the game at least until the merge.

Chris called everyone back to him. Sitting on an exasperated intern, he explained the main challenge, a camel race to the Nile.

"Yes!" Heather exclaimed

"What?!" Yelled Alejandro following Heather.

They both knew this was an unfair challenge due to how random the prizes had been distributed. 'And now Heather's team has an advantage' Alejandro rolled his eyes, 'No matter, we'll just have to adapt.' He looked at his team, a bunch of idiots and a goat. 'C'mon Alejandro, you're a sexy genius with an i.q. Of 163 you can figure something out.'

The cast whined and bickered in the sixty seconds Chris gave them to strategize. From his mat, Alejandro watched Heather climb straight to the top of her camel and insist on leading. 'The obvious best choice but not the best strategy ha! Doesn't she know by now you catch more flies with honey?"

Al turned away from the other team as they laughed at Cody struggling to mount the camel. He began encouraging his own team, "We need no camel! We have each other, we're unstoppable, we'll triumph!" They all cheered listening to him, except Sierra. Alejandro saw her puzzled expression and knew the superfan was not a fan of him. No amount of flirting would change the fact that she knew he was dangerous. 'If I don't get her on my side, she'll call me out in front of these morons and I'll be as screwed as Heather' He sighed quietly, keeping a pleasant smile on for Sierra.

Coaching his team, Alejandro helped them all into a perfect tower on top of the goat. It shouldn't have been possible but with him on top, everything balanced out perfectly. 'A good sign for the rest of the season' He could not have been more wrong.

Focusing on balancing his team, and ignoring Noah's complaints, Alejandro didn't hear Chris' next ramble. He did see it though, meaning he then saw an intern completely eaten alive by a large vase worth of dangerous scarabs. He had no time to process this as the beetles were quickly coming towards his team. Over his team's screams one noise stood out, Chris' eerie laugh. The power hungry host explained that the scarabs were in mating season and needed a song or they would kill them.

If you had told Alejandro this twenty minutes ago, he would have scoffed and took his time. He would have assured his flighty team that Chris would never actually kill them. Now he knew, some people were expendable. He had to make sure he wasn't one of them.

So he started the song. 'Ugh Jose is going to roast me into next year for this one. Whatever! He can say anything he wants when I have the million,"