Is it a yes?

August 3rd, 1984 - New York, United States

-

As I was driving home, I couldn't stop thinking how lucky I was to meet people as great as them. I don't see them as celebrities. I mean obviously they are but I see them as humans just like me because they are. They all have their own problems like me, they drink and smoke like me too.

Cliff didn't talk to me but the little amount I've even known the existence of Metallica, I know he's just a quiet and shy guy. Lars's accent is quite cute, he doesn't have broken English but you can hear his accent in certain things he says, it's not too far from a New York accent but mine has slowly faded over time. James's long blonde hair was really nice, I'm kinda jealous of it. He laughs a lot and I think that's a good feature. Then there's Kirk. I hate picking favorites from bands because they're all good people but Kirk just really sticks out to me. Something about him is unique. His facial structure, his hair, his teeth, his smile all stick out to me.

I arrived at my apartment, nearly rushing to my door just to call the numbers that Kirk gave me. I hope they're real numbers and Kirk's not just being a goof.

I can't do it. I can't get myself to call any of the numbers. What if they're busy? What if they don't actually wanna talk to me? They're probably driving right now, how would they get to talk to me? I gave up on thinking about it. I went to my room, changed into pajamas and just plopped on to my bed face first. I feel stupid thinking that one of my favorite bands would actually wanna keep in touch with me.

As I was almost asleep, I heard the phone ring. As annoyed as I was, I was curious on who would be calling me this late. Then again it's New York and people are always doing something no matter the time. I hesitated but answered the phone anyways.

L -- "Hello?"
Unknown -"Is this Luna?"
L - "Yes who is this?"
C - I'm Clifford, you can call me Cliff.

I heard shuffling in the back and then heard Cliff whisper: "Kirk, come here, it's her"

L - "Oh Hi Cliff, it's nice to talk to you. We didn't talk earlier, you did really good tonight"
C - "I try my best. Oh uh hey, Kirk wanted to talk to you" he said sounding drunk.

"Huh" I thought, why did Kirk wanna talk to ME?
I could hear Cliff hand the phone to Kirk, I heard Kirk sigh almost hesitantly before speaking.

K - "h-hey is this Luna?"
L - Hi Kirk yes it's Luna, the girl you met earlier"

Cliff in the background said "see I told you", wonder what that was about.

K - "How come you didn't call one of us?"
L - "Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't sure when I was supposed to. I thought you guys might've been driving or tired, I'm tired as well"
K - "I don't wanna keep you up too late but Cliff convinced me to call you instead, just wanted to see if you got back safely. Did you?"

I chuckled but I don't think he heard.

L - "Yes I got home very safely, I'm not too far from where you performed. I'm assuming you are at a hotel, are you guys safe?"
K - "We're all safe too. Did Cliff say anything weird to you? I was out of the room when he called you"
L - "No he was just making sure he had the right person, how did you guys find my number?"
K - "Uh we called every Luna in this phone book here. There's a lot of Luna's in this city, I think Cliff called 12 Luna's before we got to you"
L - "There's a lot of us here in this big city. Was there anything you had to say? I don't wanna be in your way and keep you on the phone"
K - "We just wanted to check in on you and see if you got home safely"

Kirk moved away from the phone and whispered "what are you doing-" and then someone else grabbed the phone.

Lars - "Luna? It's Lars. We're heading downtown tomorrow afternoon, would you like to join us?"
Luna - "Hey, if it's not wasting your time then I would absolutely love that, are the others okay with that?"
Lars - "Kirk especiall-"

Kirk yelled from a distance "HEY GIVE ME THAT"

K - "Ignore him. So is it a yes? Do you wanna go with us?"
L - "I would love to hang out with you guys again"
K - "See you tomorrow Luna, meet us at the bench outside of city cafe by 12, bye"

Before I could even say bye back, he hung up. I need to get some sleep and prepare to hang out with the band tomorrow, I'm really nervous.