Leave

August 4th, 1984 - New York, United States

-----

I woke up gasping, trying to figure out if that was a nightmare or reality. "Shit" I say as I look on the clock that reads 10:30 A.M. I'm gonna be late.

I had a bad dream last night. It was Rose. I saw her body again on the floor, bleeding like she did 2 years ago. Rose committed suicide on the bathroom floor while me and mom were sleeping. I would do anything to hear her laugh, to see her smile, to sing with her. She'd lose her shit if she knew I'm meeting up with Metallica today.

Realizing I woke up a bit late, I get up and start getting ready. First thing I did was shower, I needed to clear my mind. Today was the first time in awhile my arms didn't burn in the shower from the fresh scars. I don't know what's got into me, did Kirk make me change my mind?

As I get out of the shower, I hear a knock on my door. Nobody usually comes here anymore. I put on my robe and walk cautiously to the door, not sure who might be out there. I carefully open the door to see Xavier standing against the house. I shut the door immediately and step back.

"Lun-"
"Go away!!"
"Luna I just wanna talk"
"No, leave"

It gets quiet again and I hear him walking away, scoffing to himself. Xavier's not the worst person ever, but he's my ex who didn't treat me that well and I have stuff to do today.

I lock the door and quickly try to forget that happened. I put on Vashti Bunyan's "Just another diamond day" record. I like all kinds of music, Vashti is someone I recently discovered but this album came out 14 years ago, I was just a little kid.

As I sing along to "Lily Pond", I start getting ready. I don't know what to wear today. It's a bit cold out, it's almost fall, my favorite season. I decide on wearing my Van Halen shirt that has Eddie & Alex on the front. I put on my black jeans that are old and have red paint stains throughout them. I took too long to get ready and it's almost time to go.

I throw on my doc martens and black bomber jacket that has my favorite band pins on it. I remember to turn off my record, grab my keys, lock the door and go.

I drive to City Cafe, just where they told me to meet them. I park and sit on the bench, looking at my watch I realize I'm 6 minutes early. As I wait, I might as well smoke and spare the time. As I have my eyes closed, smoking away, I feel a tap on my shoulder. I jumped a little and opened my eyes to see Cliff in front of me, smiling at my reaction.

"Cliff you're gonna give me a heart attack", he sits down and says "hello to you too". "Where's everyone else?" I ask. "They're gonna be a bit late, Kirk was kinda anxious and grumpy this morning"

I pass Cliff my cigarette, he grabs it and takes a puff. "How long are you guys gonna be in New York?" I ask, taking back my cigarette. Cliff quietly sighs to himself before saying, "we leave tomorrow evening".

Tomorrow evening? I think to myself. I was slowly starting to get along with them and they're leaving tomorrow? I'm stupid, I thought. I can't be their only priority, they're musicians on tour, they're busy Luna.

Cliff notices me zoning out, taking the cigarette and smushing it to the ground since it almost burned out in between my fingers. "We wanted to hang out with you before we leave, it's only fair, especially to Kirk".

Before I could even speak, I see James & Lars walking towards us. Kirks there too but he's walking slowly behind James like a little kid. As they get closer, I hear Lars go "Kirk, calm down man it's not that serious". Kirk straightens up and walks normal as they get closer.

Me and Cliff sit up straight as they approach us.

"Hi Luna"

----
712 words