6 months later

Six months have passed since you were rescued from Infinite's hands. You were now sitting on the edge of your bed, breastfeeding your four-week-old son.  He was the image of his father: except he had your colour eyes. Infinite was presumed deceased after the resistance had won the war.  Even though he had taken countless lives and just about destroyed the world, you wished he could be here to meet his son. He would be proud of his little jackal pup that you had named Zero in his honour.  Shadow and you had broken up once Shadow discovered you were carrying Infinite's offspring.   So, you were now a single mother, but you had moved in with Vanilla and her daughter Cream after the war ended. 

"Can I pick an outfit for Zero today?" Cream asked, peeking through the doorway.

"Sure thing, Zero will look great in whatever outfit you choose for him." You replied, smiling at the child. 

By now Zero had stopped feeding, you placed him over your shoulder to burp him. He let out a loud burp and wagged his tail.  Cream returned with an outfit for Zero, she had picked a yellow onesie with oranges stars on it and some orange mittens and booties. You lay him on the bed and changed his nappy before dressing him in the clothes Cream had picked for him.  

"Thanks for choosing Zero's outfit today." You said, thanking Cream.

"I promise to be like a big Sister to baby Zero." Cream told you, while she stroked his head. 

"You will be a great sister for him, soon enough you will be able to play with him." You tell her, picking up Zero and placing him in his crib that Tails had built for him as a baby shower gift. 

You were lucky that everyone had accepted and supported you during your pregnancy, despite it being the enemy's offspring. Vanilla had knitted several baby blankets and outfits for him. Knuckles had gifted a blue chao plush for him.   Rouge had made a mobile for him with fake gems on it. Amy gave you a box of cute outfits she had chosen for him. Sonic gave you 10 chilli dog vouchers, to help you with dinner while Zero was in the Newborn stage. These gifts helped you get back on your feet and adapt to motherhood. One day maybe you could tell Zero all about how much his father loved his mother and was looking forward to his birth. 

Author notes

I may make a sequel where Infinite is found and decides to change his ways for Y/N and Zero.