⋆。‧˚ʚIt was one Day..ɞ˚‧。⋆

Artemis's POV
Would I be in the wrong if I said a little white lie? I wouldn't, right? And in my defense, it would be none of their business, right? Who's to say where I was. I would just say I got back really late.. Which I did.. See not lieing, maybe like semi-lieing, but what would they say they were not there, so they wouldn't ask questions! I need to stop contradicting myself, god.. it habit.

I will say the classroom looks almost identical from last year, light brown tiled floor, abnormally big windows, desk, and three columns going to the back to the front, and a desk for the teacher, just like last year's, all that's new is the well the teachers and students, I mean great to meet new students.. Well I mean it's great that THE students meet new people. goodness knows that I'm not taking any chances... Again. I don't mind being known as an antisocial freak again, it's not like anything changed.

I need to stop spacing out, I don't want to forget anything... I think she said her name was Moonswing? Or was it Moodswing? I don't remember. I hate how I have such a bad memory it might be genetics, or that I'm not paying attention, but my memory is as worser than a goldfish.

"Artemis how about you go up next?" Moodswing said obviously on me because I wasn't paying attention. Or maybe she just did it because I was last I don't know.. 

I'm guessing you're sitting down for this I mean I'm not complaining or anything. "Oh-h, My name is Artemis umm, my quirk is.. shadow manipulation, I can manipulate shadows.." I stammered, I wish I can face slap myself because first of , course they know my name, she just said it! second off I was stuttering like a little... Punk, like a little punk.. God i'm so censored that I can't even cuss in my head, let alone even say one.

Moodswing continued off, picking people to introduce themselves, I mean, I'm just glad I got it over with. And again I forgot to even check my schedule. I mean they give us a half day for the first day to get used to our classes so I guess I have some time to look at. But then again, I know Rikku is going to be like "where were you?" Or "Why didn't you answer the phone" I really wasn't in the mood for their little 'interrogation' as I was tired as hell, I got back at two in the morning, I got lucky and asked someone to drive me to the school. I'm not thinking about it, maybe it's a great idea that I don't tell them that.. I mean getting in a car with a stranger that's like a bad idea.

"I want you all to be familiar with your new classmates, and I am hoping that you guys can get along. And concluding that I guess you guys are free to go to your next class, bye everybody"  Moodswing said with a big smile. I am happy that I am leaving to! I mean nothing against her I just want to go to sleep.

As I was going to pick up my bag that was right next to me, I swear, I could feel eyes burning in the back of my head like someone was staring daggers at me..

"Soo, what happened dont tell me you got tired of them after one day!"A yellowed haired teen said. "Oh my god! You scare the crap out me!" I yelled. "Sorry I scared you Arty, I didn't mean to my love!" He said jokingly.

"Ha ha, But no.. I just got back really late, and I was at the dorm when they left me.. And yeah my phone dead" I said a bit irritated.

"How about you tell Rikku that she was acting like you died or something!" He said sarcastically. "Died? Oh my god, it was one day! And why would I die and not be at your side! come on now." I said with some sarcasm in my voice.

"Alright, alright I'll see you later! And text!" Shino said as he was walking out the door. " yeah whatever I will text you!" I said remembering to go get my bag.

"Sooo, Where did you go? And how did you get back so late! And why didn't you say anything!" A high pitched voice screamed. I want you guess who it was.. blonde hair, short, and witch hat.. it was Rikku, I was right she said everything I thought she would.

" if you were eavesdropping on our conversation, you would've heard that my phone died.. And I just got some things for my bedroom, and I just took the bus back to the school, and it happened to be a lot of people on that bus so I had to wait." I stopped for a moment. " it was on day.. and on top of that I texted you where I was going yesterday! And I was in my bedroom when you guys left." I said with some irritation in my voice.

"Sorry.. I just overthought about what happened to you, I thought you got kidnapped! And you don't have to be mean about it.." Rikku said looking over to the side of her. I was guessing I offended her by sounding a bit irritated. I mean it wasn't my intention, I'm just tired, that's all.

I signed, "Sorry Rikku I didn't mean to be rude, I am just very tired.." I said as I was rubbing my face with my hands. " I think we can finish this conversation later. We have a half a day after all, I don't wanna miss heft of class again.." I say as I took out my phone to check the time.

"Oh shoot you're right! I have to go to my next class. I'll see you later!" Rikku said as she ran out the door too.

—————————————————————
Heyyy, sorry for dropping again! But hey this one is a bit longer! I have a very short attention span (sadly) and get distracted, very easily 🥲 hey, I have some good news. My birthday is coming up and I'm in a play so yippee! 🤭 I kind of changed my writing style just a little bit! But I hope you guys have a good day/ night AND THANK YOU FOR ALMOST 300 READS!🌷🫶🏽

1083 Words