Chapter 9 - What To Do?

*No One's POV*

"Y/N... can you talk to me?" Rosè asked you faintly.

"About what?" You asked, hiding the crack in your voice.

"Anything. My head hurts. I want to focus on something." She said, and you nodded.

"Miss Park?" You called, looking at your feet.

"Hmm." She was staring at the ceiling.

"If you love someone so much... that it's starting to hurt, then what– what will you do?" You asked, swallowing the lump in your throat.

The question took her by surprise. She looked over at you and sat up.

"What does it mean?"

"What if... what if you become a stranger to the person you love the most and you have to watch them love someone else? What will you do?" You asked, still not looking at her.

"Did someone hurt you?"

You shook your head. "It wasn't intentional. She– she doesn't know it's me." You whispered.

"Y/N, is there anything you want to tell me?" She asked, moving a bit more towards you.

You raised your head, and Rosè felt her heart drop at the sight of your bloodshot eyes.

Please, Baby. Please remember me. Even if it's for a brief time, please just remember me and tell me you won't give us up. I feel like falling apart, Rosie. I need you. I miss you, Baby. Just for a second. Please hold me in your arms. Please tell me what I should do. Please.

Your heart screamed, but no words came out of your mouth. Rosie got more concerned when she saw tears flowing down your face. Though she couldn't understand why, she felt hurt. She made herself sit in front of you on the bed and wiped your tears. She held you closer, and you fell to her lap, hugging her waist.

You sobbed quietly against her. How long has it been since you have held her?

"If it's hurting you so much, then let it go, Y/N." Rosè felt unsure of her response. She felt like she said something she didn't want to happen, but it hurt her to see you cry.

Please don't say that, Rosie.

You wanted to voice out, but it felt late. You nodded slightly as you pulled away. You couldn't look her in the eyes.

"Do you need anything, Miss Park?" You asked her, roughly wiping your tears. Rosè shook her head. You nodded. "You should go back to sleep." You said as you helped her back to lie down and pulled the blanket over her.

Before you could walk away, she held your wrist, making you look at her. "Are you going to be okay?" She asked hopefully.

You nodded and went out.

You walked down the corridors to the lobby, trying to surpass the sobs that wanted to escape you. The place was particularly quiet Today, and you hated it for some reason. As days went on, the fans' rush in front of the hospital was reduced, so there were only a few people here and there. Her room still received flowers every day, and sometimes it was overflowing. As you walked out of the door, you were met by a familiar tall figure staring at you from a distance.

"Dad..." Your voice trailed off, and the tears you had been holding in made their way down.

You rushed to your father and hugged him. You didn't realize how badly you needed it. You cried against his chest, and he held you, not speaking a word until you calmed down.

He sat you down on a bench and held your arms. "What's wrong, Sweetie?"

"I don't know what to do anymore, Dad." You sniffled, holding his hands tightly.

"Sweetie, if I say something, can you promise me you won't get angry, and you will at least give it a thought?" He asked you carefully.

You nodded, staring into his eyes intently.

"Your Mom and I, we can't bear you getting hurt. We know it's no one's fault that things ended up like this, but... why don't you take a break?" He asked slowly. Your eyebrows creased. "By being with Chaeyoung right now, you are hurting yourself. So, why don't you–"

"No, Dad. What are you saying? I can't leave her. I know she will remember me." You said confidently, but your inner self was shaking.

"I didn't mean she won't. But do we know for sure when?" He asked, and you had no answer. "I am not asking you to give up on her. I know how much you love her. Just take a break to collect yourself, and you set things right when the time comes." He explained, and you kept quiet.

You'd be lying if you hadn't considered leaving after seeing Rosè and Suzy, but you are not ready enough to do it.

A break won't hurt, right?

"You know your Aunt lives in Canada, right? Go stay with her for a few months and come back. Or you can move to Busan or Jeju for a while. We will manage the coffee shop, or we can give it for rent till you want to come back."

And yes, you started your own cafe a few months back.

You felt wordless. A part of you wanted to stay, but another part as strong as the other couldn't bear seeing her with someone else, so it urged you to leave.

"Please tell me you will at least consider it, Y/N." He begged. You knew he was saying all that because he couldn't see you being broken.

You squeezed his hands and nodded.

"What? You are leaving?" Lisa shouted unconsciously. Jisoo and Jennie were looking at you confusedly.

You nodded. "I am not giving up on her, Guys. If that's what you are thinking. I just need some time to clear my mind."

"But why, Y/N? Everything is going well. She will remember you." Jennie tried to convince you.

"She likes Suzy." You said calmly. The three of them stared at you speechlessly. "There's no Y/N for her now. I know she will remember me one day, but what if it's too late as well? Just how it got too late to tell her who she really is to me!" You asked helplessly.

"But Y/N–" Lisa was about to speak, but Jisoo cut her off.

"She's right," Jisoo stated.

"Unnie!" Jennie called.

"Jennie-yah, what would you do if you were her?" The older girl asked, looking at the cat-eyed girl. "And you, Lisa. Will you be able to watch Jennie fall in love with someone else?" The Thai girl had no answer as well. "I won't be able to take it if it was Hae-in Oppa as well. So, Y/N needs a break."

Jennie and Lisa kept quiet while you shook your head lightly. "I will come back, Guys. I will never stop loving her. She's the only one for me." They all nodded.

"When are you leaving?" Lisa's voice cracked.

"Probably in two weeks. I need to sort some things related to the shop." They nodded again.

"The Doctor said they would be discharging her sooner than they anticipated. So, I will be clearing my things from our apartment." You said faintly. Your voice was hoarse. "If she remembered me before I came back, could you please give this to her?" You pleaded, taking out her ring from your jacket. All of them looked at you painfully.

Jennie took the ring and nodded. You bid your goodbyes to them before going to see Rosè. She was sleeping perfectly. You sat down beside her and took her delicate hand in yours.

Bye, Baby. I hope you will take care of yourself. Always remember I love you, my Rosie. Till we meet again.

You said in your mind, kissing her hand.