-CHAPTER FIVE: Prom Night-

I was was now sitting in my first hour class when the announcements came on. I zoned out on many of the important things on the announcements, all except for one particular thing.

"Reminder; prom is coming up, so be sure to purchase your tickets before they sell out!"

It was prom.

Prom was coming up in a few days, and I had nobody to go with. My female friends were all going with their boyfriends.

Bebe was going with Clyde. Nichole was going with Tolkien. Red was going with Kevin. Heidi was going with Cartman. And Wendy was probably going to go with Stan.

I don't know who Kenny is going out with. I also think Kyle is going with Leslie.

But what about me?

Who was I going with?

I want to go, but I don't wanna be alone on the dance floor.

My heart fills with dread. Everytime I hear the word, "prom" I get nervous.

For the rest of the day I could hardly concentrate, even when I was at lunch.

+++

When I got home, I could hardly swallow my dinner. It was all because of that prom announcement.

"What's wrong sweetie?" Mom asked. "You haven't finished your spaghetti and meatballs."

"I'm not feeling hungry." I said, putting my fork down.

"Are you feeling well, sweetie?"

"No, it's just," I sighed. "Prom is coming in a few days, and I have nobody to go with."

"Oh sweetie," Mom said. "Why don't you ask a friend of yours? I'm sure they'd be more than happy to take you."

"But mom, all my friends are bringing their boyfriends,"

"So? Tag along."

"But I don't wanna be a third wheel! That's so embarrassing!"

"Well, then you may go to the dance by yourself."

"But I won't have any fun if I go alone. Everyone will think I'm a loser."

"Well think about it. Either find somebody to go with, or don't go at all."

+++

The Next Day...

I arrived to school feeling down. I didn't feel like doing anything today. But that had all changed when it was time for lunch.

I was sitting with my friends–except Wendy wasn't here–until a certain someone tapped my shoulder.

That certain someone was Stan Marsh.

And he was holding two tickets in his hands. Once I saw them, my heart raced.

"Oh, hey Stan."

"Hey Y/N," Stan offered me one ticket. "I was wondering if you would like to go to prom with me?"

"I-" I froze. Should I really go to prom with him? What will everyone think if they see us together?

But at the same time, at least my worries about prom are over!

"Uh-sure!" I said, gladly accepting the ticket.

"Thanks, and uh, see you at prom!"

My friends–Bebe, Red, Heidi and Nichole–gave me funny look.

"Oooooo, Stan likes youuuuuu!" Red teased.

"No he doesn't!" I shouted back, my face heating up. "He's probably just being nice to me, that's all."

"Wait." Nichole said. "Didn't he break up with Wendy a while ago?"

"Yes."

"Do you think that Stan might've invited Y/N to prom just because he wanted to date her?"

"Well, prom is for couples after all," Heidi added.

"Yeah, but it can also be for friends too!"

Nichole chuckled while stirring her yogurt cup. "Well, when prom night arrives, you better tell us all the juicy details Y/N. 'Cause we wanna know if Stan likes you or not."

+++

I got home that day and told my mom about what happened at school. I showed her the ticket for proof. My mom congratulated me and we went last minute shopping for a nice dress. I was extremely lucky to find a pretty dress with such little time.

 I was extremely lucky to find a pretty dress with such little time

A/N: you may pick a different color or style if you want to

+++

Saturday night/Prom Night; 8:00 PM

At last, the big night was finally here. I was dropped off at the school's entrance among many other students walking with their dates and friends. I stood in the brisk spring winds waiting for for my date to arrive.

While I stood waiting, I saw of my friends walk past me with their companions; I saw Craig with his arm around Tweek's shoulder, walking together. Kenny was with Butters, holding his hand on Butters' ass in a descrete manner. I saw the Goth Kids–Henrietta, Pete, Michael and Firkle–walk together wearing the most darkest attire I have ever seen.

All my friends were here, but I could not find Stan.

"Where is he?"

But after moments of waiting, I finally saw him dressed in a tuxedo with a F/C tie that matched my dress.

"Stan?"

"Y/N!" Stan approached me and extended his arm out to me. I crossed my arm around his and we walked together into the crowd.