-CHAPTER TEN: Say Yes-

Four years later...

Stan and I had graduated from the University of Colorado together. Those past four years were also very stress inducing; but in the end, it was worth it.

During our college years, Stan had taken up a job as a whiskey consultant. I had also worked as an employee at a Men's Warehouse. Both of our jobs weren't easy, but it at least got us through college.

However, it seemed as though Stan somewhat enjoyed where he worked, so he kept his job.

A/N: yes, this is a South Park Post Covid special reference right here (i think)

But for me, I wasn't sure if I should stay or quit.

But now that Stan and I are completely done with school, we were finally able to start living life...

...a life without Wendy terrorizing us at random, like she did in high school.

+++

Some days later...

STAN:

"Y/N's definitely the one.."

"I want to spend the rest of my life with her..."

Kyle, Kenny, Cartman and I were now at the jewelry store, looking for the prettiest ring I could find.

"How 'bout this one, Stan?" Cartman pointed to a golden ring coated with tiny diamonds. It was dazzling, but it looked a little too expensive.

"Um, that one looks a little pricey,"

"What about that one over there?" Kyle asked, pointing to another ring across the display table.

There it was.

The perfect ring.

It was sterling silver with a (F/C) gemstone on top. It wasn't too basic nor too extravagant....

...but just right.

"That ring is perfect." I said. "She's gonna love it."

With the help of my friends, I bought the ring and kept it hidden in my pocket.

All I need to do is find the right time and place to surprise her.

+++

YOU:

The sun was slowly setting and I was at home, looking at my phone, when I suddenly got a message from Stan:

S: Hey, could you meet me at Stark's Pond in few minutes? There's something I want to tell you

Suddenly I got pensive. What would Stan want to tell me?

Y: Sure, at what time?

S: right now, preferably

Y: okay, I'll be there

I shut off my phone and got my things.

As I was about to leave the house, I told my parents I was going to meet Stan by Stark's Pond. They allowed me to go, just as long as I don't stay there too long.

+++

Stark's Pond, 8:00 PM....

Stan was sitting by the pond, waiting for me. He smiled upon taking me in.

"Hey Y/N!" Stan chirped. "Over here!"

"I see you Stan,"

Stan stood up right when I approached him. He smiled warmly, holding my hands. His eyes gazed longingly at me.

"Y/N, there's something I've been wanting to tell you," Stan spoke softly.

"And that is?"

Stan tightened his grip around my fingers. "Y/N, you're the sun in my life. You bring light in the darkest hours for me, and you brighten up my day like nobody else can."

Did Stan just invite me to meet him at Stark's Pond...

...so he could sweet talk me?

Just that and nothing else?

Seriously dude?

"Your eyes alone hold the galaxy." Stan continued. "And when I want to look at the stars, I don't need look up at the sky. I only need to look in your eyes to see everything."

While Stan serenated me with these beautiful words, I couldn't help but blush at those compliments.

"And ever since we've been together," Stan started. "I've been waiting for this moment my entire life."

Stan then got down on one knee and took out a little black box. Once he opened it, I gasped with surprise.

"Y/N L/N, will you marry me?"

Tears of joy welled up in my eyes. I nodded rapidly.

"Oh my God, yes! Yes!"

Stan smiled, sliding the ring on my finger. I hugged and kissed him.

"Oh my God, I love you Stan!"

"I love you too, babe." Stan said. "I wanna spend the rest of my life with you."