☆ Episode 1- Shaking ☆

Summary:
A small earthquake hits Tokyo as Sumihiko's school is in session. He saves Yoshiteru from a falling book and has to go to the nurse afterward as his head starts bleeding. The students go home early. Sumihiko finds himself looking through an old family photo album while waiting until it's time to go to a diner he and his friends agreed to go to. He sees two people that look like him and Tōko. The photo was taken almost a hundred years ago. He just thinks that his and Tōko's ancestors were friends and heads on his way to the diner. After a good meal with his friends, they all head out. Sumihiko runs into someone on the street right after, who can it be?

[I'm not necessarily familiar with Japanese culture and how their schools are run. If I am missing something or have done something wrong, please let me know! I want my writing to be as accurate as possible!]
(〃^∇^)ノ
------------
!TW's:
Slight screaming
Tiny hints of blood
------------
Also If you find the reference from S1 E1 in paragraph 2, I will forever be your friend
/)/)
( . .)
    ( づ❤
(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)
.
.
.
.

)

.
.
.
.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The only sounds were the click of pens and the occasional turning of a page in the classroom. Sumihiko looks at his test and lightly taps the pen against his desk. He doesn't know much about the test's topic as he slept during this class most of the time. Who could blame him? It was right before lunch after all! He always gets sleepy around noon. Today though something seemed different like the calm before a disaster. He looked up at the clock in the corner and gulped, it was nearing the end of class. He filled in most of the answers to the best of his ability before giving up and filling in the rest of the questions with random answers. He sighed and put his pen down, signaling that he was done. He slid the paper to the corner of his desk and then laid his head on his arms. He closed his eyes and breathed in the strong but beautiful smell of the sakura trees right outside his open classroom windows.

However, the smell of sakura blossoms is usually quite faint to most people. That's because Sumihiko has found that he has a stronger sense of smell than others. He started to realize when his brother got in trouble for breaking a vase but Sumihiko told his mother he could smell the scent of a cat lingering on the broken pieces. He could smell people coming toward him even if he couldn't see them and could smell in the air whether it was going to rain or not. He also learned to recognize the smell of certain people too. People called it his special "superpower", even though he didn't like people calling it that. The doctors said that "the genetic coding for the smell receptors in the nose are most likely stronger than most people's" or that he had "hyperosmia". He still doesn't understand what either of those means.

Sumihiko was snapped back into reality when the sound of the teacher getting up from his desk echoed throughout the classroom.

"I hope you all have finished your test. There are 5 minutes left of class. I will collect the paper from you and then you can chat with each other before the bell rings. Kaiyogaku, you better not leave early this time!..." Sumihiko zoned out of the teacher's talking and glanced at the boy the teacher mentioned. He had messy black hair and dark gray-teal eyes. He was one of the trouble makers in his class. He flicked his eyes back to his paper and picked it up so it would be easier for the teacher to grab it as he walked by. Sumihiko put his pen away in his bag and then looked at the clock again. 1 minute until class ends. He stood up and swung his bag over his shoulder, yawning and stretching as he did so. He was excited about lunch because he would be able to sleep in the library, it was always quiet there so no one would bother him and wake him up. The harsh sound of the bell rang through the classroom speaker and everyone rushed out into the hallway.