☆ Episode 2- Her ☆

Summary:
A new student arrives at Sumihiko's school and shocks everyone with their beauty.

.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Sumihiko gasped for breath.

"Phew! Wow, we're here early this time, ha ha!" He heard Tojuro call out behind him, out of breath as well. They had to run to the school because they were running late, again. Fortunately, they got there early and the gate wasn't expected to close for another fifteen minutes. Sumihiko saw familiar faces and started heading in that direction, weaving in and out of the crowd. As he caught up to Toko and the others, Yoshiteru turned to him immediately and pulled out a small, worn-down, brown leather book and shoved it in Sumihiko's face.

"Read this! Read this! It's a journal from my great-great-grandfather, it talks all about how man-eating demons roamed around and how he was a demon slayer! One of the best! Do you think that demons used to exist?" Yoshiteru questioned him excitingly. Sumihiko sighed. He was unsure how to answer this question. He didn't want to lie to him but he also didn't want to be brutally honest and hurt his friend's feelings.

"I... uh, I don't know Yoshiteru, I'm sorry," Sumihiko replied but before he could say anything else Yoshiteru interrupted him.

"Well, do you have any journals from your ancestors? This journal was written in the Taisho era, like 1915, isn't that cool!" Yoshiteru ranted. Sumihiko sat there, listening to him rant about nonsense- demons, something called the Demon Slayer Corp., and all these other things from the journal. The word "hashira" was also mentioned and Tojuro popped his head over Sumihiko's shoulder.

"Did you say hashira? I heard there's a company called The Demon Slayer's Memorial Agency where they remember the lives of the past. It's basically a tourist/museum park thingy up in a village in the middle of the mountains. The people there don't have any technology, they try to live like how people did back then. People from all around Japan give them personal items from family members that used to live during that period so the DSMA can preserve them and show them off." Tojuro stood there with a proud look on his face. Yoshiteru had his hands clasped to his face in awe.

"Like wills, katanas, letters, hair pins, paintings, everyday objects like kettles, fans or bowls, and even kimonos! The person who has donated the most stuff is Ubuyashiki, the oldest person in Japan! My father told me all about it. They also have, like, sword training, but with katanas instead. The most skilled sword-fighters are called the Hashiras! I really want to visit that place one day, doesn't it sound fun Sumihiko?" The yellow-haired boy asked with a smile. Sumihiko nodded, remembering the katana hung on the wall of his house.

He wondered what it was like to use it, to hold it, to fight with it. His great-great-grandfather; Grandma told him stories of how he and his wife, Sumihiko's great-great-grandmother, fought off demons with the very katana in his house. Obviously, Kanata didn't believe any of it, but Sumihiko did. Again, he wondered what it was like to hold that katana and have to stand in front of a great enemy with it. Just it , a small blade of metal, that's all it was- super underwhelming, to be honest. But Grandma looked up to it with passion, saying that the blade was the reason everyone is safe today and there are no longer any demons that roam the world.