1

"And it's a gooallll!" The voice of the moderator booms aloud from the play station set Feyintola is controlling. She presses the controller again to resume the game before the door opens. An elderly woman of about forty two years, dark skinned, tall and lean dressed in blue brocade gown and barefooted comes into the room glaring at the play station set. She moves to the set and snatches the controller from Feyintola.
"Mom!" Feyintola tries to protest before the elderly woman glares at her.
"Don't mom me young lady. I don't know why you want to live your whole life like this."
"Like how Mom? How?"
"Like a boy. You're not like every teenage girl out there. Imagine! How many girls your age busy themselves with play station? Ehn? Answer me o." She questions unplugging the gadget and rolling the wires and cords up.
Reaching out to hold her mother's hand, "There are a lot Mom. You just haven't seen them. If you go online and ask now you will see a lot of girls coming out to tell you how interesting the games on play station are."
"Play station kill you there. Leave my hand joor." The elderly woman snatches her hand away and moves to the door. She turns back to look at her and shakes her head.
"See the way you're dressed again. Ehn! Girls your age would have their rooms designed with pink and have colorful dresses fill their wardrobe. But no, you have decided to turn yourself into something else. Not in this house, I repeat,not in this house."
The heavy sound of the banging of the door announces her departure. Irewamiri, Feyintola's younger brother suddenly bursts out in laughter and shakes his head. She goes to him and pulls his left ear pinching him with her right hand.
"You think it's funny right?" She says pinching him harder as he screams out in pain. He wriggles out of her hold and runs to the door.
"You know this is unfair right? Mom causes the damage and I bear the brunt. Every single time. It's really unfair." He whines taking a seat on a wooden chair just behind the chair.
"Then tell her to stop taking possession of my things illegally. In case she's not aware, I can sue her for taking my stuff without permission. She didn't buy that for me, I got it myself."
"Just walk up to her room and deliver this message just as you have. No addition no subtraction. Just like this, I'm sure she'll change." Irewamiri advises placing his head on the table in front of the chair. He raises his head up almost immediately and packs up the books laid out on the table.
"You refuse to read and here you are sulking because of play station. Kudos to you."
She marches up to him and he stands up in fear.
"What did I do?"
Not replying,she goes to the door and holds it ajar,
"Now out of my room." She commands motioning for him to go out. He moves to the door and sticks out his tongue.
"You can always invite me when you get it back. I will be willing to learn from you ma'am. I should actually thank Mom for saving me, you almost beat me the sixth time. I will prep for next time though." He completes and runs out of the room.

She sighs and looks around the blue and grey colored room to her blue trump bed, the black rug, the black wardrobe, and other things in the room mostly colored black and blue with few touches of white and very little appearances of grey. She walks to the bed and slumps heavily on it.
"How exactly does this look like a boy's room?" She mutters.

Heyo family. Chapter 1 done and dusted. That's a look into the relationship between Feyintola and Mrs Adams. What's your room looking like? And do you really believe in the stuff that says pink is for females and blue for males. I don't like pink at all. For nothing, well except pale pink which almost looks like white. My favorite color is black. What's yours?
This chapter is dedicated to @jesus_girl. Thanks so much sis 💟, you're specially loved 💖.
Yours in Ink; Bethel ™