28

The whistle blows as coach Donald looks at the stop watch on his palm. He motions for the girls to return to the shed and they stop the game and run up to him.
"Wow! That's a beautiful one girls. You did well." He commends making the girls beam at one another.
  "You guys were just bursting my brain on that field. I even had to look you all in the face to be sure that you were the ones there." He says and they burst out in laughter.
"Coach na. Which one is hyping?" A tall lanky dark girl asks putting on a smile.
"I'm not hyping o. Though we have a little corrections to make. Just very little though, it's for Alicia, the second striker and some of you sha. Let's sit down." He says and turns to go towards the bleachers.
"Coach we are thirsty o." One of them, a fair, lean lady speaks up wiping her face with an handkerchief.
  "Let me send one of your juniors to get you water." He whistles and one male student looks back. He motions for him to come over and the boy runs up to them.
"Good afternoon sir."
"Yeah. Do you have any thing doing?"
  "No sir. My coach is not around."
"Okay. Please get us a bag of satchet water from the store shop." He says handing the boy two naira notes one a hundred naira and the second a two hundred naira note. The boy takes it and runs off again.
  "Thanks coach." The girls chorus and he nods before sitting down on a steel chair in front of them.
  "So girls, Alicia, what I can see is that your confidence is not enough. You are a striker, and you are going to be in the lion's den so you need to be bold enough. Let the confidence be seen in your face and demeanour, that alone is enough to intimidate your opponent. So work on that, Feyintola is fine in that aspect. Okay?"
"Sure coach. I'm just a little nervous thinking about the event." Alicia confesses scratching her neck.
"Oh please. I know you will do well. I trained you na, go and show us your football color jare." He encourages her putting on a smile as she nods in understanding.
"So, the others,the midfielders first. Let me just put you people together sha. The attackers and defenders. What I noticed is the possession of the ball, it lacks confidence you all need to work on that. You see,let us all go work on confidence. I will be scoring that in the next training. Okay?"
  "Yes sir." The chorus and he brings out a record book.
"So girls here's the order of your match which is starting on Tuesday."
  "Next week?"
"Yes. Next week Tuesday. You still have about five days na. It should be enough. Besides, you all are good already. Just a little practice here and there. So on Tuesday you will be playing against the girls of Diamond Castle Academy, then two matches on Saturday against Government Girls Grammar School first and Akintoye High School girls next. The program ends on Thursday making it a ten days program and you guys will be playing against the girls of Soaring Eagles College. So that's it."
"Excuse me coach." Ope, the goalkeeper speaks up.
"Yes Ope?"
"Are we going to use this jersey?" She asks pointing at the sky blue jersey underneath the orange training bib.
  "No. That's your home kit. Your away kit is being prepared and I must tell you all it's a nice one. I saw it two days ago and I was almost jealous of you guys. It's sky blue mixed with walnut black while Ope's own is walnut black with white."
"Awwwn...." They coo and he rolls his eyes before the boy from earlier returns.
"I'm back sir."
"Oshey dear. Drop it." He says and the boy drops the bag of satchet water. He stretches the balance of the money to him and he waves him away.
"Thank you sir."
"Yeah."
"Thanks coach."
"Thank you Coach."
"Biggest coach, eshey o." Feyintola chips in making them all laugh out happily.

Preparation for the competition is in earnest. And they girls are preparing, why do I feel like something might still happen. Again, do you think this is the end of it all🤔🤔 please drop your opinion in the comment section. Happy New week to you and yesterday was my birthday. Belated happy birthday to me 💃💃💃💃🙊💕💖💖. Thanks for the support family 💃☺️. I love you 💕❤️
  Please vote 🌟 comment and share. Thanks 💌

   Yours in Ink; Bethel ™