26

"But seriously, Aunt Tola I'm serious o. You're getting older o." Feyintola notes opening the steaming pot on fire to check the cooking rice. She turns the white rice to check if it still hasn't dried and she returns the cover.
  "Ehn ehn! I know right. It's the Lord's doing, in fact, he instructed us to number out days." Her aunt replies putting off the blender as she pours out the just blended pepper. She turns to look at her niece and the later gives a mild frown.
"What's with the face?"
"I'm talking about something else and you know it."
"What's that?" She asks placing a small aluminum pot on the other cooking face of the gas.
  "Won't you get married? Or are you planning it already?"
"Feyintola, you make me laugh. Since you got here I have been laughing without control. You see, marriage is not in my record book at all. At least, not for now."
   "Why na?"
"I'm still trying to build my personality dear."
"I don't understand. Which personality again? I'm very sure everyone in your hospital knows you as one of the best dentists and as a very cogent woman of God. So what else? You have achieved enough and I'm very proud of you. I must confess."
    "I'm very much proud that you think of me in such a way. But then, I feel like I haven't achieved enough. Like, I don't know if you understand me o. I just want to do more. Imagine I were married and then this stuff is happening, do you think I will have time for you as much as I do? No! I will be so much consumed with my own family trying to take care of my husband at the same time trying to build my career too. I might not even have the time to pay you visits like I do now and might not have arrested this situation with the help of God." She explains adding spice and salt to the stew on fire. Feyintola puts off the other cooking face and turns to face her squarely.
  "I do understand you. It's very true actually. But then, do you at least have someone?"
"Someone that what?" She intentionally asks feigning ignorance.
"Someone that you're interested in or that is interested in you. Or something that you're courting or something like that."
   "Who has time? It's me and my work jare. I don't even have the time for dates and dinner but when the man comes sha, God will help me create time for him." She says covering the pot.
   "Amen! He should come fast jare. You people should get married on time. At least the Bible mentions a man chasing a thousand before marriage and ten thousand after marriage, so you people should do kiakia."
  "Yes ma'am! Now let's talk about you."
"Okay?"
"I know you must lnove something apart from football. It's a talent or a passion, fine but also, you must have something you want to do. Like an ambition. Am I correct?"
  "Very correct. I do have things I love apart from football."
   "What are they? And what are you doing to keep them fueled?"
"Well, I love offering baking and catering services. I also want to study pscyochology. That was what I wanted to study initially before Dad and Mom brought their Surgery wahala. I feel like people's relationships matter to me a lot. So I want to study pscyochology. What am I doing to keep them fueled? Ah! That's a big question o. For that baking one, I bake cakes almost every time, it's become an hobby already. But for pscyochology, absolutely nothing. I'm not doing anything about it. I'm just very much scared about Dad and Mom's opinion so I have decided to keep quiet. You're the only one who knows apart from the boys and Irewamiri." She tells her.
     "Really? That's a good one. You should take the big step and tell them one day though."
  "So that one will cause another wahala at home.  No oo. I'm fine like this."
  "I'm sure Clara must be questioning God over you two."
"Big time." Feyintola replies having a small laugh.
"She will be like one says he wants to be a teacher the other one wants to be a footballer."
  "I know right. It can be annoyingly. Irewamiri was really annoyed when he addressed both of them. I thought they were going to start beefing us in the house."
  "Ah ah! It's not up to that now."
"It is o. We live with them."
"I lived with them too."

She's out of the house and staying with her aunt. It's getting interesting abi. Do you have an aunt or uncle that has refused to get married? Well, I have about three or two here that I have been telling to do fast and get married. It's not until their friends children get to the secondary school before they start doing something about it. 😂😂😂😂, Don't mind me ehn. I can be persistent. It's weekend 💃💃💃💃. How's it going at your side 🤗🤗
Please vote 🌟 comment and share. Much love 💖

  Yours in Ink; Bethel ™