Chapter 2 

Jungkook's insides must be filled with sand, there was no other explanation as to why his mouth was so dry. His throat was itchy as hell and burning. Not only that but his entire body, bones and muscles, ached. He better not be getting sick, he couldn't afford to miss his job.

It took great effort to open his eyes to the point Jungkook wondered the possibility of someone gluing his eyelids together. He smacked his dry lips together, tried to swallow whatever saliva in his mouth in a weak attempt to get rid of the uncomfortable dryness.

He kept staring at the ceiling as his eyes adjusted to the darkness of his room.

Jungkook frowned and tried to make sense of his location. The bed was far too comfortable and big to be his shitty second hand one. He tried to push himself up to his elbows but hissed when pain shot up through his body, his abdomen burning, and he dropped himself on his back.

His eyes adjusted to the darkness quickly and he could make out a lot of the room as he looked around no this was not his room at all.

Jungkook breathed in deeply and forced himself to sit up despite how much his body burned with pain. He reached for the bedside lamp and turned it on, blinking away from the flash of light.

He pushed the covers off of him and tried to get up. His body protested with every little move but Jungkook pushed through the pain, gritted his teeth and stood on a soft carpet despite wavering. His head was pounding and he knew he was off balance as he looked for a light switch. Somehow he found it without falling.

The room was huge. Bigger than his entire one-room flat. He was on a king sized bed, there was a dresser on the side, a painting on the opposite side, a flat screen TV hanging on the wall. Compared to Jungkook's near claustrophobic flat this room was a house.

The interior design was warm but impersonal so maybe this was a guest room? A giant, house-sized guest room. People lived like this. There were people who had house-sized guest bedrooms while Jungkook was stuck in a hole-in-the-wall flat with mold on its walls.

There weren't any clocks in the room, nothing to indicate what time it was. The windows were completely covered by curtains.

Jungkook clutched to his middle and took the smallest steps. He didn't trust his body in that moment, everything felt wrong and wrong and wrong. What did he do last night? How drunk did he get?

He made it to the curtains without tripping but he was out of breath and dizzy. He took a moment to steady himself and held onto the curtains. He frowned. The curtains were weighted at the bottom? It wasn't impossible to move, maybe it was just to make sure the fabric stayed in place?

He pulled open the curtains and stared at complete darkness. He blinked.

It was definitely a window. Full-length windows that covered the entire outward wall but it was tinted black, a reflection of the room shining on it. Was he losing it? Was this like a rich person thing? Weighted curtains, windows that were tinted?

Jungkook stared at the black window pane with growing confusion. Maybe he hit his head. He definitely drank too much. What even happened last night?

He reached out to touch window to – what, check? That it was a real window? – but froze when he saw thickly wrapped bandages around his wrist.

Slowly, Jungkook lifted his hand, looking at the neatly applied bandages. His hand didn't look quite right either, dark bruising's covered the back of his hand and it felt wrong beyond the light thrum of ache.

The bandages weren't just around his right hand either, he had a matching one on his left wrist. Jungkook stared at his hands, at his wrists, mouth left slacking. What the fuck happened last night? Why was his entire body in pain?