Chapter 3 

It was the same foreign darkness that welcomed Jungkook when he woke up. His chest was filled with an uneasy sensation knowing that this wasn't his home. He was somewhere strange and it lit up alarm bells in his mind before he shut his eyes again.

If he pretended that he didn't recognize the darkness, if he pretended that he didn't know this room, could he pretend the last time hadn't happened?

Maybe he was stuck in an odd loop and now he would be bound to wake up in this same not-so-foreign room over and over again.

As Jungkook laid there contemplating his life choices that brought him to this moment, his body slowly caught up to the fact that he was actually awake. Awake enough to feel pain.

It was real. Jungkook could look away from the truth as much as he wanted, it wouldn't change reality. The pain was the proof of it.

Jungkook closed his eyes tightly and groaned as a deep thrum of aches washed over his body. He didn't feel any better than yesterday. If anything Jungkook felt worse in some ways. His body was hyperaware of everything wrong with him down to the smallest cut and there was nothing Jungkook could do to make it lessen.

He didn't try to sit up this time. Maybe he wasn't the smartest person around but he did learn from his mistakes – and his mistakes from yesterday were hurting. Was that even yesterday? Jungkook couldn't tell how long he'd slept for.

Instead of trying to sit up Jungkook reached sideways to the bedside table to turn on the lamp there. Jungkook made a face at the light and stared at the object. Had it always been that close? He was pretty it'd been harder to reach last time.

There was a square piece of paper left on next to the lamp, a short note written in smooth handwriting.

I had to leave early but I promise I will come back soon. You aren't alone, call for Jimin and Taehyung and they will look after you. Please don't move around too much. Have a nice day!

Seokjin

Jungkook traced his fingertip over the letters, reading it over and over again.

He'd fallen asleep in Seokjin's arms last night.

It wasn't something he remembered, not really, but Jungkook knew it had happened. He could still taste his blood on his tongue.

That had happened. He actually drank blood. Because he's a fucking vampire now. He'd sat in Seokjin's lap and drank straight from the man's neck – and he'd enjoyed it.

Jungkook made a face and just – no. He wasn't going to think about this. He wasn't going to think about the vampire stuff or the blood stuff or the fact that he was missing Seokjin – this was simply not happening.

There were more important things he could focus on like – like the fact that he was in pain and a little bit hungry.

Call for Jimin or Taehyung

This was so fucking stupid.

"Uh – " Jungkook said and then cleared his throat, making a face at the ceiling. He stared at the shadows created by the bed side lamp. It wasn't comfortable to lay on his back like this but he was scared to move and make the pain worse. "Jimin-ssi? Taehyung-ssi? Is – is anyone here?"

The room, shockingly, did not reply back.

At least not right away, anyway. After a few seconds of awkward silence the bedroom door opened.

"Good morning!" Jimin said cheerfully. "Do you want me to turn on the lights?"

"Sure." Jungkook mumbled and immediately shut his eyes when the main light turned on. He blinked away tentatively to adjust to the sudden brightness.