Chapter 2-The Pool of Tears

Parsley took a bite out of one of the sugar cookies; Which caused him to sprout all the way up to the ceiling! "Ow, son of a b*tch..." He groaned, rubbing his hand on his head. The young man looked down at his feet, which were just as gargantuan as the rest of his body. "Oh-Oh my god..." Parsley said, "I-I'm a giant!" The little doorknob then muffled something, but it came off as unintelligible. "What did you say?" "I said: Well look at the bright side! You get to crush everything you come in contact with! Teehee!" "YOU'RE NOT HELPING!!!" Parsley shrieked, his voice echoing throughout the room. "Thanks to you, I'm never gonna get out of this stupid place because of how huge I am! And I'll never be able to see my dad again, or-or anyone!!" A couple of teardrops fell on the ground, making huge puddles as the young man attempted to flick them away from his eyes. "Parsley?" Charlotte asked, "Are you crying?" "No, I'm not crying! I-I just got a bit of sand in my eye..."

"Parsley..." The young man let out a hefty sigh. "Look, I-It's just that...I don't wanna stay in here for the rest of my life, I wanna see my dad again! Is that too much to ask for?" "So you're saying...?" "I WANNA GO HOME!!!!" Parsley sobbed, shedding gallon sized tears that accumulated into a large pool. "Parsley, please stop! Crying won't solve anything!!" "I-I know, BUT I CAN'T HELP MYSELF!!!" Just then, all of his horrendous sobbing came to an end when Parsley noticed the now miniscule bottle from before. In a last chance effort to escape, Parsley drank the last bit of the strange liquid and shrank until he could fit inside its container. "Good god..." Parsley said, "Sure wish I didn't cry that much. God damn, I'm such a crybaby."

After what seemed to be a couple of minutes, Parsley floated into what seemed to be an ocean with waves splashing around. That was until a huge wave splashed onto the bottle the young man was floating in, causing him to fall into the water. "Sh*t!" He screamed, who was flailing around like a stomped on ant. "I forgot I can't swim!! Oh, someone help me, PLEASE!!!" In that very moment, a green shadow swam near the drowning man and carried him to shore, making little splashing noises as it went.

"Sir? Sir?" The thing asked, "Sir? Are you awake?" It shook Parsley's unconscious body, "Oh no, I was too late! He drowned and it was all my fault!" The creature started to cry loudly, its tears dripping onto the man's jacket. "Ugh...W-What's that noise?" Parsley groaned, turning to the sobbing monster beside him. "Aww...What's wrong, little guy?" "I-I was trying to save your from drawing an-" The monster stopped talking mid sentence, "Oh, hooray! You're alive! Oh, what joy! What joy!" Parsley tilted his head a bit. "What do you mean, "You're alive"? Was I dead for a second or something?" "Well, I thought you were!" The monster responded, "Might I ask...you don't really look like you're from here, what's your name?" "Parsley..." "Parsley? What a nice name! Mine's Piranin!!" "Piranin, huh?" He said, "Well, I'd best be going now..." "No no no, wait!" Piranin exclaimed, blocking Parsley's path. "You can't go just yet! The Caucus Race will begin soon!" The young man looked at Piranin in confusion, "Caucus Race? What Caucus Race? Is this some sort of weirdo terminology that I'm not familiar with?" "No!" Piranin said, "It's a special kind of race, you'll see once it starts! Now, come along with me to the shore; we'll sit and wait there until it starts."

The young man and Piranin walked up to the shore and sat down, the sky was a nice blue with purple and pink undertones, and there were a couple of clouds that looked like a farmer's sheep; all of them above the ocean of tears Parsley cried when he was nine feet high.