Chapter 11: The Trip and Arrival

[A/N: I didn't want to write the whole thing where they get all ready for battle and the island became I'm lazy and it's 10:13 at night. Also, Eggman is here too because they need all the help they can get.]

Eggman was driving the yacht to the island because we don't have a big enough plane for everyone and he owns the boat after all. All I did to help him is the directions to the island.

Shadow and I were the only ones on the bow of the yacht because the others were eating dinner. But Shadow and I were going to eat later.

I was watching at the sunset dreamily when Shadow looked at me. "Hey, Crys. You alright? You seem a little lost.." he asked. "Oh, yeah, just watching the sunset. I forgot how beautiful it was when at sea."

Shadow chuckled, grabbed my hand gently, and pulled me up. "Close your eyes." I did as he said and went to wherever he was leading me to.

"Do you trust me?" He asked. "Yes, I do." I said. "Good, now step up onto the small deck." I stepped up and felt Shadow wrap his arms around my waist.

"Now, stretch your arms out like a bird." I did so. "Now open your eyes." I opened my eyes and the world seemed to have slowed down. The moment was perfect. It felt like I was flying. "It feels like I'm flying!" I smile.

I turn my head and saw Shadow smiling, which was surprising because he'd usually smirk then smile. "You look so handsome when you smile." I say. Shadow's grin grew and said, "And you look so beautiful when you smile." He said back.

I blush at his compliment and giggle a little. Shadow leaned in and kissed me. I didn't hesitate to do the same.

I guess Eggman was getting a little show here, because I glanced back and saw him with a CAMERA. I also saw the others, except for Sticks, with CAMERAS!!

I nudge Shadow with my knee and gesture to the others. He glanced back at them. He shrugs it off and deepens the kiss. I guess I'll play along, too.

[Later]

I was talking to Amy and Sonic when they brought up the kiss. "You really do love him, Crystal?" Sonic asked. "Yes, I really do. He's my saving grace. I've never been so sure that he's my person." I say, happily. "Aw, that's cute, Crystal! Why did you hide this from us?" "Cause I know Sonic would be pissed." I responded. "I'm sure he would've understood." Amy said. "No I wouldn't." Sonic said, quickly.

Our conversation was interrupted by the intercom turning on.

'Well, rodents and love birds, we've arrived at Gemstone Kingdom.'

I rush to the bow of the ship and see my home. Home... old and wrecked... about to be thriving again.

I was so excited! I couldn't wait to step foot back onto now my kingdom! It's been my whole life since I've seen and set foot on it!

Once we got to shore, I leaped off the boat with excitement, while Sonic leaped off in relief to be off the water. I looked around and saw that my kingdom was in even more ruins than before.

The monster.

My joy is suddenly drained at the sight of my first home destroyed. I feel tears form in my eyes as I lead everyone to a ginormous abandoned cave on the side of a mountain I remember that has shelter and warmth.

When we arrive at the cave and set up camp, I walk out of the cave and walk up to the top of the mountain. I just sat down when I hear footsteps behind me and see none other than my boyfriend, Shadow.

He sat down next to me and pulled me closer to him. I leaned my head against his shoulder as I looked at the sky above us. My held back tears began to roll down my cheeks. Shadow caressed my long quills as I cried on his shoulder. We stayed like that like that until I fell asleep in his embrace.

End of Chapter 11.