Chapter 12: You're still alive?

The next day, we went looking for signs of civilization. I highly doubt that we'll find any.

What's the point—wait— I recognize those pair of eyes behind that bush! They belong to my bestie, Summer. But she's dead... right?

"Guys! Follow me!" I yell. I walk towards the pair of eyes and I see behind the bush, only to see Summer! And she's alive! "Crystal?" "Summer?" We take a moment to look at each other's eyes and then we squeal and hug each other.

"I've missed you so much, Summer! I thought you were dead!" "I missed you, too, Crystal! We all thought that you were dead."

"Wait- what do you mean 'we'?" Sonic asked. Summer looked back at Sonic and said, "There's 5 dozen survivors when the attack happened, including me! But now it's 5 dozen and 1!" Summer explained. "Oh..." Sonic said, stretching out the 'o'.

"I can bring you to them if you want!" Summer requested. "Oh, please do!" Amy said, eager to meet new people.

We all followed Summer to the remaining survivors. I recognized everyone. And they seemed to recognize me, because apparently they bowed down to me.

Then Summer brought us to the back of her campsite and introduced us to a multi colored light blue hedgehog. "Poseidon, meet Crystal and her friends!" "Hi, everyone! Nice to meet you!" We all waved back, giving a few 'hello's back to him.

"Are you two in a relationship or something?" I asked. "Yes, in fact! We're husband and wife!" Summer said, happily.
"Wow! That's amazing, Summer!" Summer nodded energetically, as she usually is.

"So, Summer, my friends, boyfriend, and I are on a mission: To defeat the monster and rebuild the kingdom! Do you think you can help us?" I explained.

Summer hesitated and talked to Poseidon for a minute. She then turned around and nodded.

"Since Poseidon's the son of the army leader, whom sadly perished, he can use his water bending abilities to help. As I will help with distractions with my Chlorokinesis and Electrokinesis." Summer stated, a determined expression printed on her face.

Then, we heard a loud stomping sound. Summer and Poseidon took immediate action and made us follow them to blend into the surroundings.

Shadow and I were both hiding behind the same tree. I was really scared, so I hugged him, hoping for comfort. He hugged me back protectively, pulling me closer to him.

Suddenly the stomping stopped and the monster was gone. We all got out of hiding and went back to our campsite.

"W-was that the monster?" Knuckles asked. "Yes," Poseidon replied, "If it sees us, it will attack until we're all dead." I shivered at the thought of that.

"So, when are we going to start our mission?" Eggman asked. "Well, we need some time to prepare. I mean, we just got here yesterday, Eggman." Knuckles said.

"Okay. Preparations begin at dawn tomorrow." Summer said. I give her a thumbs up and find a spot in between two trees for Shadow and I's tent.

End of Chapter 12