Escape

(To better understand this oneshot, I suggest watching the 'The Macabre Experiment' series by Stuffy Studios! You'd get a better understanding of what's going on in this. It's not a long series, only 6 videos - so far - that are about 2-7 minutes long each.)

Heavy breaths left the snow white male as his back pressed against the brick wall behind him, his heart pounding harshly against his chest. He could hear his heartbeat, it nearly drowning out the faint sound of sirens off in the distance. He knew he couldn't wait for much longer. He had to keep going.
With a squeak of his rain-coated sneakers, he took off sprinting. The cold wind and few rain drops came into contact with him, bringing a sense of freedom to him. Adrenaline and shock coursed through his body, so he hadn't quite processed that he was now free. He ignored the ache he felt in his legs as he sprinted, the lack of exercise for the past four years causing his body to grow week with every step he took. He only stopped when he knew he had gone far enough, the sirens no longer being heard.
He fell to his knees, feeling as his orange pants soaked up the rain from the grass. He panted heavily, almost wheezing. His head hung, black locks shielding his face. His body ached, lungs begging for air even as he breathed. Then he finally began to process it as the rain began to pick up, the cold drops of water beginning to bring him back to reality. He was finally free.
A wicked smile began to form on his face, a giggle leaving him. He hugged himself, gripping his arms as he began to laugh.

The blonde huffed as he rested his head on his crossed arms, slouching over onto his desk. His red pupils scanned over the empty space as he picked at the bandages on his arms, his mind wandering off to nothing in particular. He then jumped at the sound of ear-piercing shrieks, causing him to quickly turn around in his chair. He could see out the bullet-proof glass that made his wall, allowing him to look into the hallway. He stood, slowly approaching the glass. He pressed his hands against it, but then his heart jumped. He could see blood puddles down the hall, along with a woman lying on the ground. He could see the frozen look of shock on her face as blood oozed from the many stab wounds in her body. He didn't know if he was excited or scared at the sight of the gore. He felt she had deserved it for being a part of his "experimentation," but how big of a threat was whatever killed her?
A soft gasp left him when a person began to come into his sight, his eyes widening a bit. He watched as the black haired male stared down at the woman's corpse, then crouched down next to it. His attire, a white hoodie and black jeans, was completely coated with crimson red blood. The blonde male watched as the person searched the scientist's clothes, pulling out what seemed to be a card. He stood, then looked down the hall. His eyes locked either the blonde's, causing said male's eyes to widen. The killer before him had sunken eyes, pupils contracted with a big red smile. It seemed as though his smile was carved into his cheeks. The blonde gulped softly as he began to approach.
He watched as the black haired male looked at the card and then pressed it up against something. There came a couple of beeps, followed by a click. He grabbed the door handle, pulled it, and then pushed the door open. He peeked his head in, his eyes locking with the blonde's again. "You gonna stand there forever or what?" He asked, grinning at the shorter male.

"Where are the others?" The shorter male asked, walking beside the pale male. "Gone," he simply said, looking around. "I'm just making sure no one is left." The blonde nodded, and then they both stopped for a second. They could hear barking and yipping from up ahead. They exchanged glances, proceeding with caution. As they continued to walk, the barking got closer.
"Hey- look," the blonde said, catching the attention of the other. He looked, finally seeing where the barking was coming from. A little husky, seeming to still be a puppy, was on the other side of the glass. He was jumping and yipping, his tail wagging excitedly as it looked up at the two. "A...puppy?" He asked, digging in his pocket for the card. "Us? Understandble," He started, holding the card up to the scanner. "But a puppy?"
"I know... weird." The black haired male opened the door, the puppy running up to him. He jumped up at him, his barks growing more excited. The black haired male couldn't help but smile, crouching down and picking up the fluffy creature. "You're a cute one, aren't ya?" He asked as the husky nuzzled up against him. Upon closer inspection, he could see that his fur had a hint of red to it.

The blonde shivered, hugging himself as the wind began to pick up. "God, it's cold," he muttered. Just as the words left his mouth, the cracked of a match igniting filled his ears. "Finally," the black haired male mumbled, lowering the tiny flame to the pile of sticks and moss. The flame soon grew, sigh of relief leaving the males at the newfound warmth. The blonde looked up at the male that sat across from him. "Thank you." The male looked at him, locking their eyes again. "I've been there for years... Thank you." The male smiled, replying with "Don't mention it." He leaned back against a tree. "I never caught your name."
"Ben," the blonde replied. "You?"
"Jeff," the black haired male replied. He held his hand out, Ben taking it and shaking it.
Suddenly, the little puppy came running over. He had a little stick in his mouth, trotting up to Jeff. He set the stick down before laying next to him, resting his head on Jeff's thigh. Jeff smiled, petting the puppy on his head. The wind picked up again, causing Ben to shiver. "Fuck, it's cold," he said, hugging himself and rubbing his arms. Jeff snickered, looking up. The sun was almost completely set, the sky being a dark blue. "Do you have any idea where we should go?" He asked, Ben thinking for a moment. "Not really," he admitted. "Maybe we should look for an abandoned house or something." Jeff nodded, scooting closer to the fire.