KNOCKED - CHAPTER 3

Entry 004: 10:51 a

Entry 004: 10:51 a.m. late on a Tuesday.

TEST TUBE POV:

Feeling the ends of my white-sheeted bed, the soft dirty velvet pillow that fan gave me five years ago.

The feeling inside of me wanted to get up but couldn't.

my eyes stinging to the hasty sunlight coming off the curtains, reflecting on my soft green tired eyes.

I never liked this feeling, but it often occurred to me from time to time.

I guess I'm pretty used to it you know? Hah!

Golly gee, I have to stop procrastinating and get up for today.

Rolling off the side of the bed, catching myself with my legs.

Feeling the heaviness on my eyes wanting to shut, since I'd already gotten off the bed I couldn't just walk back and slack off!

Heading towards the closet, feeling the warm floor and sunshine warming up my ankles like summer.

Hmm, I thought to myself if I should be in the sunlight more like normal people. What the golly gee fuck is normal?

Is normal even a word? I guess that's a topic to think about later.

I grab the ends of the shoulder top of my lab coat to check for any stains! Just a hinge of stains, nothing much!

Putting it on while it sorta smells like Fan-! Mmm, I feel little blush coming up.

I shoo away the thought of whatever the fuck I was thinking about!

I facepalm my face, later than crossing my both arms- OW FUCK-!

Oh. I forgot, last night I did that to my arm.

Looking at the floor in guilt or something, I couldn't describe this feeling, it's complicated ok?

Changing my view to my red velvet glasses on the brown chair a second after putting them on.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

Oh, I wonder who it may be, hopefully not me phone! Since I haven't made up my damn green-minded brain mine!

Opening it to paintbrush?! What!!

Wait, why are they crying? Oh no, did something happen?

I stood in shock and disbelief, frowning my eyebrows while I look at the paintbrush crying at the front stop of my door!

———————

TEST TUBE:  What happened? Wha-

PAINTBRUSH: I- *sigh* just let me in me your room, I'll explain.

TEST TUBE: oh- uh! Of course! Sorry

—————-

Paintbrush walks in sitting on the brown chair, with little flames on their long yellow flakey hair.

Realizing I grab a glass cup, waddle to the washroom and filling up with water.

Quickly walking back to the paintbrush handing the cup filled with water or should I say tap water.

Paintbrush dipping their hair with the water, leaving their hair a bit wet

—————-

TEST TUBE:  so, Uhm. What did you want to explain?

PAINTBRUSH: well, it's been pretty depressing without the show. Do you know?

TEST TUBE: *nods* mhmm!

PAINTBRUSH: everyone in this damn hotel hasn't been the same! Like, fan, lightbulb, and me. Maybe you even!

TEST TUBE:  yeah pretty much.

PAINTBRUSH: I wish the show could come back, then maybe everyone here or most. Could be motivated perhaps!

PAINTBRUSH: if not. Then... damn! Well, I needed this talk with you! It helped haha

—————-

Paintbrush gets off the brown chair and walks toward the door towards the door.

Waving at me in a kind gestured smile. Huh

I let them know that the show will come back reassuring them! Oh fuck.

I guess made a promise, which means I have to bring back the show.

Seconds after the door has closed, I felt thousands or hundreds of thoughts and feelings swarming in my head.

I guess I have to agree to Me Phone! However, I have to make that device then.. ugh.

Walking toward the bed, lift the pillow and grab my phone which I barely use.

Texting to Me Phone these precious tiny words that I will most likely regret soon!

"I agree. Let's bring back the show."

Seconds later...

*BAA- DING *

ME PHONE: "Glad you agreed! Let's go do this tomorrow :)"

Smiley face huh?