A Khaleesi doesn't beg

Across the Narrow Sea, Khal Drogo is leading his khalasar through a field. Daenerys, the twins and Jorah are fairly close to the front of the procession.

"Do the Dothraki buy their slaves?" Daenerys asks.

"The Dothraki don't believe in money." Daena tells her. "Most of their slaves were given to them as gifts." Daeron adds.

"From whom?" The Targaryen asks confused.

"If you rule a city and you see the horde approaching, you have two choices: pay tribute or fight. An easy choice for most. Of course, sometimes it's not enough." Jorah says. "Sometimes a Khal feels insulted by the number of slaves he's given. He might think the men too weak or the women too ugly. Sometimes a Khal decides his riders haven't had a good fight in months and need the practice."

A nearby rider angrily whips a slave for not moving fast enough. Daenerys looks unnerved with what she is seeing. She turns to look at the twins who are not liking this either.

"Tell them all to stop." She says.

"You want the entire horde to stop? For how long?" Jorah asks her.

" Until I command them otherwise."

Jorah along with the twins look impressed at her confidence.

"You're learning to talk like a Queen." Jorah compliments.

"Not a Queen. A Khaleesi."

She dismounts her horse and walks through the field off of the path to a nearby clearing. Jorah relays her orders to the rest of the khalasar. The twins notice that Viserys is nowhere to be seen and rush to where Daenerys went.

They reached to see one of Drogo's Bloodrider Rakharo whipping Viserys's neck and yanking him to the ground. Irri and Jorah have both come into the clearing as well. Rakharo asks Daenerys if she wants Viserys dead in Dothraki, but she doesn't gets it.

"Rakharo ask if you want him dead, Khaleesi." Irri translates for her.

"No!" Daenerys says alarmed as Viserys is still struggling on the ground.

"Maybe the ear will listen if it is removed from the head." Rakharo says with a sadistic grin on his face.

"Rakharo say you should take ear, to teach respect." Daeron translates for her this time.

"Please, please, don't hurt him!" Daenerys pleads.

Daena takes her hand and squeezes it. "You're their Khaleesi, don't beg. Dothraki follow strength." She whispers.

"Tell him I don't want my brother harmed." Daenerys orders Irri to tell Rakharo.

Rakharo is clearly disappointed when Irri tells him this , but relents and releases the whip from around Viserys's neck.

"MORMONT! BOHERYS! KILL THESE DOTHRAKI DOGS!" He shouts and orders them.

Jorah exchanges a look with Rakharo, but does not move. The twins ignore the order, altogether.

"I am your king!" He shouts once again.

"Shall we return to the khalasar, Khaleesi?" Jorah asks the Princess.

Viserys looks from Jorah to Daenerys to twins, insulted. Irri and Daena help Daenerys back onto her horse. Viserys starts back towards his horse but Rakharo stops him.

"Uh, uh, uh, uh, uh. You walk." He tells him.

Rakharo leaves to rejoin the khalasar while Viserys remains, still looking insulted.
______________