Chapter 7 - Friday Movie

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。゚

Ink, and a couple of other sophomores, were waiting inside an office. They were called by their Mathematics teacher. Why? Well... Last week they did their remedial exam. Ink wasn't confident in himself passing. There was no way. And now that he most definitely failed again, he'd have after-school classes with his least favourite teacher. God, what was he supposed to do? And what if he failed again?? Would he be able to pass the year?! What if-

The teacher walked in, snapping him out of his negative thoughts. He coughed and looked at everyone with judging eyes. Was he...upset? "...So..." He spoke suddenly, making everyone tense. He handed everyone their papers and smiled warmly. "I'll see you Mr. Gopal, Carry, and Septh after school." He then turned to Ink, looking at him with... unreadable expression. "I'm impressed."

Ink looked at his exam. He gasped after viewing his score - 87/100. He rubbed his eye sockets, unsure if he saw it correctly. But it was that score.

The teacher dismissed the students. Ink immediately went towards the cafeteria, searching for his friends. When he entered, he noticed that every table was filled with people. Perhaps they could be outside. (Plus he couldn't spot them.)

He walked outside from the back doors and still couldn't see them. Where were they? Then, on his left, he heard loud music play for just a second before stopping. It was then followed by a loud shout. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!"

Should Ink even investigate it? Perhaps a little peek wouldn't hurt. The artist opened the door lightly and peeked inside. A teacher was shouting at her students, who were holding a broken speaker. Ah, so she was scolding them. There was no sight of them. He closed the door and sighed. He decided to go back to his classroom when he stumbled upon no other than Blue. "Oh! Blue, hey!"

Blue greeted him back. He then asked, "Why are you in front of the assembly hall?"

"Well, I was looking for either you or Dream..." Ink stated. He then showed his results to his friend. "I got 87 out of 100 on my Math exam!"

Blue gasped and congratulated him. "Wow! Good job! I knew you could do it." He then took out a cannon of confetti and exploded it.

Ink let out a happy laugh. "Thanks for the confetti but you know we have to clean it up now, right?"

"Huh, oh no. The science club made a retractable confetti cannon." He clicked something and the confetti went inside the cannon. "See?"

"Wow... That's so cool!" Ink asked if he could borrow the cannon. Blue lent it to him. He then exploded it and clicked the button on the top part. Every confetti on the ground retracted back inside the device. "Huh... so it's got strings attached to the confetti..."

"Yup! You can't even see the strings from afar!" Blue pointed out.

Ink nodded while smiling. He then gave the device back to Blue and asked, "Are we going to eat lunch together as usual?"

Blue shook his head in response. "I can't. The club has called a rehearsal and I can't miss it." He sighed and continued, "I already told Dream."

The artist facepalmed. "Why am I always the one to find out late?"

"You don't check your phone!" Blue exclaimed, kind of disappointed at his friend.

"I don't, you're right.." Ink shook his head in disappointment. "Sorry.."

"It's fine, really." The other reassured him. He then started walking towards the doors. "I've got to go now. We'll meet after school, right?"

"Of course! Bye, Blue!" Ink waved him goodbye, which was returned with a smile. He then headed towards the staircase. Might as well eat my lunch before it's too late. He thought to himself. As he was walking up the stairs, he noticed Cross with his supposed girlfriend, talking to some guys. She was holding his arm, chest pressed against it. They did seem like a happy couple. Even Cross was smiling at her. Ink shrugged and kept walking up the stairs. He had no comment to make - just for Dream to move on. That was it.