Chapter 10 - The Play

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。゚

Ink was walking down the school's corridor, holding a box, filled with multiple rolled posters. He placed the box on the ground, after stopping in front of a corkboard, took a poster, and attached it to the board with a pin. Then, he took the box from the ground and walked over to another corkboard.

The poster was advertising the Chemistry Club. It was the exact same poster Ink drew in his sketchbook but with a few changes. The text was different and the background was as well.

The artist pinned another poster and moved on to the next floor. He first started with the senior floor and in time moved to the freshman floor. And unfortunately for him, there were still a lot more posters to attach. He sighed after seeing the stack of posters and walked toward a vending machine, wanting to grab at least a soda on the way. But, they were all sold out, leaving the zero calories Coke. "You've...got me be kidding me.." Ink mumbled to himself. Be sighed irritatedly and decided to take a small break. If he doesn't get any soda, then he'll get a break.

Ink walked to one of the couches right next to the vending machine and sat down, leaving the box on the floor. He looked at his phone and reread the script Blue
gave him. He had two and a half more hours to memorize every single word and action. Thankfully he wasn't one of the main roles so he only had a few words. (Unless....)

A student came running towards him, it was a short human female. She got on her knees, making the artist jump a little, and begged, "PLEASE SWITCH ROLES WITH ME!"

Ink looked at her, confused and also kind of worried. "W-why exactly? And please stand up... you're making me nervous.."

The girl did so and cried out, "PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! I-I can't remember my lines a-and I have a boyfriend! I don't want to kiss another guy!!!"

Now Ink was even more confused. "Uh, what? Kiss? Boyfriend? I-I'm not understanding here-"

"I have the main role, the supposed 'girl savior'. I just need you to swap with me, please!" The human female begged again with puppy eyes, which Ink couldn't resist.

He sighed and agreed. "..fine..give me your script."

The girl's face brightened immediately. She took Ink's hands and thanked him. "THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!" Then she gave him his script and asked for his.

"I don't have it on me.... it's saved on my phone."

"That's fine! Uh...just pull it up so I can take a picture."

And like that, they exchanged scrips.
The girl waved him goodbye and quickly ran towards a man in the distance. She gave him a quick kiss on the lips and walked with him happily.

Ink sighed while groaning. "Why am I doing this to myself?" He complained. Then, he looked at the script and saw at least a full page only with his and the other main character's sentences. He turned the page, more words, and the next one was the same.
Ink almost cried after seeing five whole pages worth of sentences.

He needed to find that girl and switch roles again. There's no way he'd be able to memorize every single dialogue! He sat up, completely forgetting about the box with posters, and went on a wild goose chase.
He looked everywhere around the first floor but didn't find her. Ink just decided to give up and try to at least memorize some lines when a friend of his bumped into him.

"O-oh! I-Ink, hello.." The skeleton greeted him, stuttering in the process. It seemed like stuttering was a natural thing for him.

Ink took a moment to greet back. "Hi, Sci. Sorry, have you seen a short girl with her boyfriend around? They should've passed the club room at one point."