E L E V E N

TW: Mention of dr ugg1ng during this chapter.

"I just don't think it's a good idea." Lana said calmly, her hands folded in her lap.

"I agree with her. We can do something to stop their plan from happening but running away and leaving the compound with everything going on? Knife won't be happy."

Evelyn threw up her hands and stared at us as if we had multiple heads.

"They are going to chain us to a bed in a room and you're telling me they'll be angry? Get in line, buddies. I'm pissed. We're not some little pet they can lock in a room to avoid harm from coming to them, harm that they have caused."

When we still looked hesitant, she sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. She silently counted down from ten to one, something she had been doing more and more.

"Guys, the way we need to think of this is through logic. Now, whenever I don't want to do something, I always ask myself, 'What would my best self do?'" She leaned forward and grabbed a hand each. "Our best selves are courageous, free and are not chained to a bed."

"The consequences will be so much worse if we leave than if we just talk our way out of it." I chewed on my lip and tried to think of a way to talk Knife out of it. "I have a little leeway with Knife, he could possibly be talked into getting the other guys to back off and find an alternative solution."

"You and I both know that's not going to happen." She gave our hands a squeeze. "We need to do this, to prove to them that we do have a bone against them, and we have limits."

She fixes her stare onto Lana and her face hardens.

"You have a limit and it's this."

It's no secret that Lana finds Kyle scary. Up until today, I thought he would never hurt her. He looks at her with a sort of twisted tenderness.

His words from earlier haunt me and my stomach tightens. I haven't mentioned his comments to Lana, it seemed like the wrong time to just spring it on her. I had to think of a way to bring it up to her that wouldn't cause her to have a complete meltdown and bringing it up in front of Evelyn was a bad idea.

No, I would have to wait until Lana and I were alone and calmly tell her that Kyle was drugging her so she couldn't leave her room where he would watch her and keep tabs on her.

I thought of Knife and how he didn't say anything to Kyle's fucked up admission. How he didn't care. I felt a strong wave of anger at him in that moment. He could do what he wanted to me but to my friends? Out of the question.

"I'm in." I said, my voice steely. Evelyn positively lit up at my acceptance. I turned to Lana, "And you are too."

---

It turns out Evelyn had inside sources to sneak us out of the compound with little to no bribery needed. All she had to say was the guys couldn't know for a sweetbutt who I vaguely recognised to agree. She was smug as she announced Elliot was an aggressive fuck when he was annoyed.

Evelyn didn't seem fazed by the comment, if anything she seemed smug. I eyed her for a moment, trying to detect why she would feel smug about the man who was hellbent on making her his but still slept around and refused to let her go near any males.

She enlisted the help of other sweetbutts, who didn't ask why they needed to create a distraction for her.

We huddled behind the door as she whispered orders to the others on what to do. She didn't tell them it was to sneak us out, we all knew they would panic and back out if they knew they would have the possibility of facing their wrath if they helped us.