𝟎𝟏 ﹞eye contact

୨ Chapter 1 | Eye contact ୧                                                             BLUE LOCK, an organization that was made and led by Ego Jinpachi, in hopes of creating the world's best striker

BLUE LOCK, an organization that was made and led by Ego Jinpachi, in hopes of creating the world's best striker. 300 highschoolers who were soccer players were invited to attend this place with rigorous rules. All of them were placed in teams and receives rankings from 1 - 300, that defines their overall abilities. Isagi and 11 other players were placed in team Z, the lowest ranking team in Blue lock. As they were able to make their way through past the first selection, they were all making their way through the halls to await the instructions of the second selection.

"Isagi!! What do you think is going to happen in the second selection?" Bachira asked with a large smile on his face, as always.

"I'm not sure, but I hope we'll be able to past it," Isagi replied, clenching his fists, "though I'm sure we're going to meet tons of other strong players."

"Of course, that's what makes me excited!"

After a while of walking, team Z had finally reached the place where the instructions are going to be explained. Infront of them there were automatic doors which opened as soon as they arrived, team Z proceeded to walk in, just to see a white dull room with a large screen. Finally inside there were many new faces, people whom they never met, knew, or seen, the room was silent... well there was some whispering but other than that it was completely silent until some guy who looked like he was around 180cm tall, with long undereye lashes and a menacing aura, he kicked a soccer ball towards the large black screen, a kick that looked like it was filled with care and elegance. The soccer ball was in the air as it curved during airborne, but soon then he kicked another soccer ball which was able to directly hit the first ball. Everyone was astonished.

"Dude!! Did you see that," Bachira said while tapping on Isagi's shoulder, "that was insane!!"

"It really was, such a delicate and smooth kick, it looked like it was filled with care" Isagi acknowledged.

"Honestly.. how is someone able to even pull that off..." Chigiri continued the conversation and started to talk about the kick. Meanwhile Isagi was dozing off and his eyes wondered around the room until his eyes met with the guy, the guy who was able to pull off such an amazing kick. They continued to stare at eachother for a while, but then Isagi pulled away. Soon then a deep voice spoked up and it drew everyone's attention

"I'm done with my training, let me proceed onto the next challenge."

The doors made of metal automatically opened and he started to walk through it, after he passed, it started to close. As soon as the door was closed, the large black screen started to light up which made everyone in the room focused on it.

"Hey there, diamonds in the rough," Ego appeared on the screen, "the next challenge will determine if you will be able to move on to the second selection, the challenge will consists of you trying to score 100 goals in 90 minutes against a hologram, please proceed through the door."

When the instructions had been explained, everyone made their way through the door and was sent to their specific rooms to be able to carry out the challenge. Isagi, who was making his way to his selected room, met the guy again, their eyes have met AGAIN. Both of them ignoring the fact they encountered eachother and just continued on to proceed into their selected rooms.

"Weird.. why do we keep meeting eachother, I'm aware we're in the same facility and it's bound to happen but.. why do we keep holding eye contact everytime we meet.." Isagi thought to himself, "Well whatever, I'll just focus on the challenge I'm going to face."

He soon walked towards the soccer ball and the match against the hologram began, first he started to kick the soccer ball using his direct shot and it was going pretty well... but as soon as his scores to get higher and higher. The hologram started to be able to read his movements even better, it was pretty tough to score. Using his spatial awareness, he was able to get some goals in. Isagi finally reached the score of 90. He was panting, sweating and out of breath, but soon to realize he only had around 10 minutes to score another 10 goals. Luckily his direct shot which was aided by spatial awareness, he was able score another 9 goals.

1 minute on the timer, the hologram was reading his movements with ease... Isagi knew this is no time to worry about it and he had to strategize up a plan, time was ticking, he ran towards the ball and with his spatial awareness he tried to kick the ball using his direct shot, inspired by the guy with long lashes, the ball had a curve to it and was flying towards the top left of the goal. 3... 2... 1.. SCORE!! He made it, he passed... Isagi fell down onto the grass with a big smile on his face while he was panting and is out of breath. A few minutes has gone by and he made his way towards the door to leave and proceed onto the second selection. Making his way down the hall he finally reached where the second selection is being held. The doors opened and Isagi made his way in, he saw a few other players but the person who caught his eye was... Bachira. Seeing Bachira, Isagi walked towards Bachira and gave him a high five.

"I knew you could do it!" Bachira exclaimed while patting Isagi on the shoulder. But soon then was interuppted by a black screen lightening up.

"Hey there, diamonds in the rough," Ego said and appeared on the large black screen, "You'll be partnering up into groups of 3 and will be facing up against other groups, when one group wins they will be able to take one player away from you, therefore... I wish you all the best of luck.. bye." After explaining the rules the black screen went dim again, hearing this Isagi and Bachira agreed to team up with eachother.

"So... who'll be our third teammate?" Bachira asked while turning his head 15 degrees sideway.

"I'm thinking Kunigami or Chigiri, but we can only pick one, so I'm thinking we'll just choose whichever that arrives here first," Isagi replied.

"Yeah! I think so too, let's wait then."

Both of them were standing there, waiting to see who would arrive first but then their attention diverted towards two male figures who were approaching the both of them.

"So which one do you want, Nagi?"

"I want Isagi to be on our team." Nagi said while pointing at Isagi. A moment of silence was implanted..

"I'm sorry but, I can't join your team, I promise to be with Bachira." Isagi replied, scratching his head.

Reo shrugged, "Well there you have it."

"Then.." Nagi continued, "I'll join your team, Isagi."

─────
1212 words.

I never wrote any books, or fanfics in particular unless it's for my english classes sooo... idk how I did, therefore if you have any criticism or suggestions please do tell me<3 !!