01 !

were the pogues. and our mission this summer is to have a good time, all the time.

the sun was slowly disappearing behind the trees, and august booker 'b' routledge was hanging out with her best friends at an unfinished model of a house.

the peaceful sounds of birds chirping to each other was interrupted as one of the girls friends began to speak up

"that what, a three-story fall to the deck? i give you about a one in three chance of survival"

"hm?" augusts twin brother. john booker 'b' routledge, older by two minutes. she didnt really know how they were twins, august spent all her days at the beach, surfing, swimming, or drinking and getting high with jj. her brother however was always riding their boat, the 'HMS pogue' and insisting she would stop hanging out with his best friend so much. his reason was 'people are gonna start thinking your his twin and not mine!'

john b was the only one out of the five teens that were standing on the roof, deciding it was a better idea to stand on one foot than two. placing his finger in his mouth, and removing it as he held it to the sky to check the direction of the wind.

"should i do it?"

"yeah you should jump! ill shoot you on the way down!"

pope was probably the smartest person of the pogues, if not the smartest on the entire island. august didnt really know why he was hanging with us, but she didnt care, he was her best friend nonetheless.

"youre gonna shoot me?"

"yep"

the par of boys were immitaiting guns with their fingers as the two girls of the group walked out of the half built house.

"theyre gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers"

kiara, or kara as august liked to call her. the only other female in the group. her and august mainly bonded over their love for the sea and the environment.

"of course. why wouldnt they?"

"this used to be a turtle habitat."

that was probably the first time august had spoken since they got there, it was strange, she was usually the one to not shut up.

"but who cares about the turtles i guess"

sadness laced her tone, she was never one to open up about her feelings, it was probably one of the reasons she and jj got along so well, masking their feeling with a smile, and letting it all out by getting ridiculously drunk and high.

"i cant have cold towels!"

jj maybank, the boy who was usually on the bad side of the resident on kildare island. he easily noticed the change in the routledge girls mood and was trying to cheer her up with his stupid comment.

"jj you could just put the towel in the sun for five minutes and im sure it would do the same thing just without killing the turtles"

"can you please not kill yourself?"

kiara and august had finally noticed the routledge boy on the roof.

"i dont mind if you do, as long as i get your board when you die, im perfectly fine"

"thanks, august, really appreciate the sister love thats radiating off of you right now"

it was way too predictable what august was going to do next. it was her signature move, everyone on the island knew it. pulling her hand up from her side, and slowly raising her middle finger to flip her brother off as a familiar blond started speaking.