04!

"hurricane agatha continues its steady march towards kildare island on the outer banks of north carolina.."

"holy shit"

"cps can suck on that!"

hurricane agatha, coming in  the same day DCS was supposed to come do our assessment

as her brother got out his phone to call DCS, august wondered what agatha would really bring. what would happen to their homes. their friends?

"department of child services how may i help you?"

john b's phone had no need to be so loud, it wasnt even on speaker so why could the girl hear everything.

"yeah, uh.. i think were probably gonna have to reschedule"

"its a double overhead out there bro"

"double overhead?"

"woah"

pope and the twins has gone down to the beach, in the middle of a hurricane, of course, to attempt to get one last surf in before agathatruly hit.

"those arent surfable waves bro"

"says who?"

the routledges did not care. with pope awaiting from the shore, august and john set out into the waves, boards in hand,

"whooo!"

august adored surfing and so did her brother. the pair were getting in some good waves as they notived something futher out. a boat. there was no way a boat could sustain through the hurricane, everyone on kildare knew that. so who was out there?

just as her thoughts caught up with her, august lost her footing and fell off her board, slamming her ankle on her brothers board on the way down.

"shit augs are you okay?"

"i dont know jb, i cant stand propoerly"

"fuck, grab my hand lets get you back on land"

and thats what they did. august and john b made there way bcak to pope, it was safe to say he was not at all mpressed with the pair of them. he saw ausgusts limp and immediately ran over to her.

"dude what happend"

"lost my footing and hot jbs board on the way down"

"can you walk good?"

"barley"

"okay we need to get you home come on"

hurricane agatha worked her magic overnight, using the oceans to uncover things she never knew could be uncovered. 

it was the same as every morning. john b got up and checked his phone, however today there was no service.  and no power. great.

"yo jj you been outside?"

"i have polio bro i cant walk"

"what about augs you seen her?"

"no i think shes still in her room, want me to go check?"

"yeah"

the blond eventually got off the sofa and made his way to the girls door, knocking three times before calling her name. with still no answer, the boy went in. only to find her curled up with an ice pack on her ankle, with a bandage beside it, ready to be used. what had she done?