03!

"john, august it has come to our attention that your are unemancipated minors living on your own"

child protective services. the last thing august wanted today. it was her birthday in a week. she did not want to be taken away now, or ever.

"no.. no"

"no we live together. thats not alone"

"i need honesty to help you, thats what we all want right?"

"thats what you want"

john b sighed as his sister made yet another unecessary comment. sure she was smart in school and could tell you anything about the world, but she lacked any common sense. august tended to misread social cues or just completely miss them. she usually had jj to warn her when to say certain things and when to not say anything at all, but right now it was just her, her brother and the dreadful social worker.

"im sorry what was that augsut?"

"nothing, she said nothing, but yeah thats what we want, im being honest"

"okay then when was the last time either of you soke to your unlce?"

"uhh 34 minutes ago"

"whens the last time you saw him?"

"two hours and 43 minutes ago?"

"john. august. were gonna come out there tomorrow to talk to your uncle"

"good luck with that"

"august please stop interrupting. if hes not there tomorrow were gonna move forward with foster care, i want to assure you both we are going to find you both a safe and loving home"

they actually thought we were gonna be happy to hear that.

and thats where this story starts. our dad missing, our uncle MIA, and the bride of frankenstein threatening foster care.

but then we caught a break.

AN: another short one. i promise there will be longer chapters as we go im just trying to give you all a sense of augusts character and her bonds with everyone.

love always,

viv