Chapter 8: The Chamber of Secret

———————————————————

Hey guys! Forgot about the 2k words, I decided to put this into two parts as it get overwhelming long.
I will release both of the chapter at the same time too, so do enjoy!

———————————————————

Ominis POV

Quietly, I followed my brother from behind, wand guiding me his whereabouts, our footsteps echoing through the hallway as we made our way towards the Headmaster's office.

My heart was pounding in my chest, as my nerves are getting the best of me.

The man standing before me was the epitome of evil. Memories of growing up with this menace of a brother flooded my mind - the countless times he had cast the cruciatous curse on me, leaving me writhing in agony.

His demeanor was imposing, and his slow-paced walking seemed to indicate that he was deep in thought, plotting his next move.

We approached the headmaster's office and knocked. The headmaster was taken aback by the sudden appearance from the Gaunt brothers.

"What brings you here? How did you get in?" he asked, standing up from his desk.

"Ah, Headmaster Black, always so formal," Marvolo said with a smirk. "I have some business to discuss with you. Perhaps I could speak in private?"

Headmaster Black hesitated, but eventually agreed and led Marvolo to a secluded corner of his office.

"And what is this about?" Headmaster Black asked, clearly confused about the situation.

I shrugged, simply following along with my stubborn brother, when I heard a faint whisper, "Psst, Ominis,"

At first, I ignored the whisper, but the person persisted and tugged at my robe to signal their presence.

Straightening my posture, I waited as Headmaster Black and Marvolo left the room and disappeared behind a locked door.

"What's wrong with you, Sebastian? You could get into trouble!" I whispered angrily.

"I thought you didn't realize I was here. I'm only checking up on you. Are you alright?" I caught Sebastian sneaking near the locked door.

"Yes, but you shouldn't be here. It's dangerous!" I whispered back in a harsh tone.

Marvolo swung opened the door, and I tensed up, "Who?" he asked.

I quickly stood up straight and replied, "Who?" back at him. Sebastian quick movement saves him. Merlin's beard, I sighed in relief.

"Nobody it seems." he shrugged, "Follow along. You're almost sixteen, it's time or never." he told me.

"What time?" Sebastian whispered behind me. For a second I wish I could shut this Boggart's mouth that called himself the Sneaking King the other day.

We continued to walk as we arrived to a secluded room.

"What are we doing here?" I asked my brother, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion.