Chapter 5- A Scheduled Doctor's Visit (Old)

---------------------
Planet Reach

Science Building

Elevator Headed to the top floor
----------------------

The elevator that was currently ascending the tower was rather quiet. The three of the Normandy and the two UNSC O.D.S.T.s' were currently silent, not having anything to say at the immediate moment and finding the whole situation rather unsettling.

On the Reach natives side of things, a ship full of humans had come looking for them, hoping they could come help them fight a war that should've ended 5 years ago. On The Normandy's side of things, they had found just the thing they were looking for, a possible answer to the doomsday they now faced. The only key was getting them to agree and mobilize a force large enough to help.

"So......" Madrid began, unsure how to proceed with where she was going. "What's Earth like nowadays? I mean without the constant threat of invasion. Haven't been on world in a few centuries you could say, but i always wonder how much it's changed since we've been there. You agree with that, Shepard?" She asked, looking over at the three. Liara and Tali looked to Shepard, to see what her thoughts on the subject were. Shepard, currently watching as the elevator ascended the monstrous building. After a moment, she gave a nod.

"Yeah, you could say that. So many wonders and interesting things populate the Earth. I don't know how it was when your humanity dwelled upon it, but I seek to see it returned to how it was before the Reapers landed and sent the Earth into an early apocalypse." She stated, turning her head slightly to look at the two ODST's. Madrid and Berlin nodded in understanding, Berlin offering the next statement.

"I don't think it will ever be the same after all of this goes down, Shepard. But it's a nice thought to hang onto at the current moment." She stated as her visor became clear, her unusual appearance coming clear to sight once again. Madrid's followed suit, going transparent as well, the two ODST's watching the three carefully. "Anyways, we're here, so try to not to become too uncomfortable when the doctors start asking you about a million questions per minute." She stated as their visors became blocked again. Soon enough, the elevator doors slid open, letting the 5 out into a quiet hallway.

The three from the Normandy looked around in interest as Madrid and Berlin took the lead, ushering the three forward. Liara spoke after a moment.

"So is it just the doctors we are meeting with? Or will they have guards with them as well?" The blue skinned Asari asked, looking at the two black clad soldiers. The latter two traded a glance, as if silently discussing her question.

"Most likely, yes there will be more than just the two of them. But speaking in that sense, it will most likely be an Admiral known as Thomas Lasky or the man everyone refers to as Chief. 117 if you want to be official about it." She stated. "Not a man that you want as an enemy. Anyways, our destination is here up on the left. Try to answer the doctors the best you can." Madrid finished as her and Berlin stepped out of the way of the three, permitting them to take the lead as the door in front of them slid open, letting them get a look inside. That was before a new voice spoke up, sounding quite excited at the moment.

"So the monitor was right..... It's a pleasure to meet you three. I am UNSC Artificial Intelligence Unit CTN 0452-9. However, that is just a bit to hard to remember for some people. So you may refer to me as Cortana. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance." The voice stated as they walked into the room. There, on the table in the center, stood a small being, mostly blue in color. It gave a friendly wave as it greeted them again. "I hope your travel to Reach was not to hectic. Monitor's can be quite.... erratic at times...." She stated as another person came into view behind the holographic woman.