VI

Shepard watched as the light from Sol vanished in a mere second, the Charon relay sending the Normandy and it's Asari vanguard reeling into the darkness of space to the next relay. As far as they could tell, the Turians and Salarians hadn't caught on to them just yet, but Shepard wasn't sure. She'd ordered the Normandy radio silent and the Asari vessels had caught on, Increasing their radio chatter to attempt to shield what little interference the Normandy caused.

But as they were now traveling between relays, she gave the signal that the Radio silence was up as she approached the com console, the images of a few Asari captains and commanders already there, waiting for her. As they noticed her approach, they quieted down as they allowed her a moment to think.

But the first thing Shepard did was sigh, prompting one of the Asari to arch a brow, her arms behind her back.

"Is something the matter, Commander?" Captain Shiala asked, a purple skinned Asari inquired. Shepard shook her head as she eventually looked up to the gathered images.

"It's just nice to finally have a Councilor that's not human actually giving my words a chance. I figured Tevos had some common sense, I'm just glad she's grown some backbone to go with that. Suits her." The red headed commanded answer. That garnered some chuckles and sly grins from the Asari gathered before her, all of them no doubt calling on their own experience with the Asari in question. But that was brushed aside quickly as another of the Asari, a light green skinned Asari, as she looked to the human.

"So what's the plan for this little field trip?" Captain Nyasia asked.

"How are your supplies? Are you fit for a long while?" Shepard asked.

"Yep. All ships and personnel were checked and rechecked before we left on your word. We're ready for a journey." The captain replied. Shepard nodded.

"Good. Then we go straight for the relay. Keep tabs on the Relay network and who's on our tail. The faster we get that relay opened, the less chance we have of a fleet of Turians showing up unannounced. Preferably, I'd like to be through 314 before they suspect something. But that's doubtful with the STG." She Answered. The Asari gathered nodded at that, seeing it both feasible and efficient.

"Have there been any reports of Reaper ships reappearing yet?" One of the Asari asked, glancing at those gathered.

"Rumors are that they're starting their new offensive. Supposed activity reports puts them only three relay jumps from 314." Shiala Answered as she looked to the other.

"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. We know what to expect from them. It's the unknown we need to have eyes on." Shepard Answered. "So here's the fun question. Which ship wants to be known as the one who breaks Citadel law?" She asked with an arched brow. Captain Tiessa was the one to speak this time, shrugging.

"My maiden years were quite... safe. I think this will be an appropriate fill in for not putting my self out on a pole." She laughed. Shepard nodded at that.

"Close formation. It's only gonna take three days to reach 314. Proper rest and eating. I want everyone on our A-game the second we're through." Shepard said. The Asari assembled nodded at the commander as one by one, they flickered out of existence, leaving Shepard alone. But only for a moment as she began to make rounds around the Normandy. She needed to know her ship was in fighting shape just in case they Came in contact with something that had similar ideals to the Reapers.

—/—\—

It'd been the three days. Three days of nerve racking quiet. They were far out from any sort of real supported system. Far from any sort of allied fleet that could support them. If the Reapers found them here and now, it would be the end of everything. But as yet another scan of the system showed no traffic besides the 16 of them and the void of space as their witness, Shepard allowed herself a brief respite of rest.