Where The Wind Takes Us

Earthblood Elf!Reader

You knew The Drakewood like the back of your hand, you’d been living in it your whole life. Moving around it and finding shelter and hiding where you could. You didn't exactly agree with the way they ‘tamed’ the dragons found in the forest, and often snuck into their village to free them.

After so long of hiding from the riders it was safe to say you knew every nook and cranny of the forest, so when you spotted an unfamiliar elf laying on the forest floor clutching his arm your curiosity was piqued.

You made your way over to him, realizing one of his arms had been tangled in one of the drake rider’s bolas you were quick to untangle it and help him to a safe place, watching from the hiding spot as a few of the riders flew close to the ground, searching for the intruder. Once they’d moved past looking in the area you turned to the skywing elf.

“Are you alright?” you asked, glancing down at the arm that had been tangled up, he was holding it against his side and gritting his teeth. Ok, definitely not alright. “Hold still, I can help” you said, taking one last glance to make sure the riders were gone.

You closed your eyes, focusing for a moment, reaching down and activating your magic. You opened your eyes, reaching out and gently taking the sky elf’s arm. A yellow glow emitted from your hands absorbing into his arm. You let go after a moment, taking another breath and centering yourself, deactivating your magic and looking back to the other elf.

“It should feel a little better, I can't heal it fully, but the healing process should be sped up a little.” you said “we can find some stuff to wrap it up once they’ve lost interest in you”

“You have my gratitude..” he trailed off, giving you a questioning look.

“(Y/N)” you filled in for him with a small smile. “And you’re welcome..” you trailed off as well, waiting for him to fill in his own name.

“You can call me Ibis” he replied simply, wincing a little as he moved his arm.

“Well Ibis, what were you doing in the Drakwood?” you asked “it’s well known how dangerous it is here” it wasn't a lie, most elves knew how territorial the drake riders were, and the nasty place anyone who was found in the forest was thrown.

“I was on my way to the storm spire, to aid the dragon queen” he spoke, moving to sit down, once again wincing at the movement of his arm. “I was flying over the woods when that bolas got wrapped around my wing and I fell. I must have broken my arm when I hit the ground.”

You gave him an odd look, he didn't have wings, what was he talking about? Before you had the chance to ask he replied to your confused look. “I am a mage, I am able to turn my arms to wings” he explained.

“I see, it’s quite a walk to the storm spire from here..” you said “would you like a ride there? I know how to avoid the drake riders, we could be there in a days time”

“I would greatly appreciate the help, it’s important I get to the spire as soon as possible.” you smiled, giving him a small nod. Once you got his arm wrapped up and figured out where your sunwing wolf was you’d get him out.

And that’s exactly what you did. Once you were positive the riders were gone you went out in search of sticks and some vines, using them to brace his arm the best you could. You used your powers again, in an attempt to help it heal faster as well. Once that had been taken care of you gestured for Ibis to follow you. Whistling into the forest and waiting. After a few moments a burnt orange wolf with large wings and deer antlers emerged, prancing right up to you happily.

“You ready to go on a small journey, my friend?” you asked, petting the creature’s muzzle. When they barked softly you laughed moving to their side and climbing on, holding out your hand and pulling Ibis up behind you. “To the storm spire, Elios, watch out for the other earth blood elves, they’re after this one” you said pointing over your shoulder at Ibis.