Afternoon Naps

You hadn't exactly been feeling the best today. You went about most of your daily routine, getting dressed, grabbing some breakfast, taking care of a few things around the house, figuring you were still just waking up. However, by the time noon rolled around you were already tired again.

You laid down on the couch with a small sigh, you’d just close your eyes for a few seconds.

When you opened them again you were slightly startled to find Ibis laying underneath you, his own eyes closed as he gently ran his fingers through your hair.

He had slipped away earlier that morning, before you had even woken up. Which meant you hadn't seen him at all throughout the morning. So you were going to enjoy this quiet moment with him as long as you could. You let out a soft sigh as you closed your eyes again, burying your face in his chest.

The two of you layed like that for a while before you broke the silence.

“Ibis~ I love you~” you cooed softly, wrapping your arms under him and squeezing him slightly. When he didn't respond you opened your eyes and looked up at him. “Ibis?” you asked, his only response being a soft snore.

By the Arch Dragons- “Ibis! Wake up!” you huffed. Like hell you were going to let him get away with not saying ‘I love you too’. Ibis groaned slightly as he adjusted himself below you.

“Ibis! Get your ass up and say you love me too!” you half yelled. Only to be met with a soft ‘hmmm?’

“Don't ‘hmmm’ me! Say you love me back!”

You watched a small smirk grow on his face before he mumbled “I love me back, now let me sleep” he chuckled slightly at his own joke, his chest bouncing slightly under you as he did. You only sighed, puffing out your cheeks as you glared up at him.

“I hate you.”

“I love you too, starlight,” he replied, opening his eyes and looking down at you. “You know, you’re very cute when you're mad” You glared at him harder, which only made him laugh again.

“You’re obnoxious” you muttered resting your head back on his chest, holding him a little tighter, as much as you didn't want to admit it right this minute, part of you really did like when he teased you, it was cute.

“Says the one who woke me up because they wanted an ‘I love you too’ “ Ibis said, beginning to run his hand through your hair again.