27) Treason

Thank you for 2,2K reads :) I really appreciate it !

Sophie POV

It is now the next morning and we're waiting on Tu to bring us our passports.

"These passports should get you into the upper ring."he explains as he walks in.

"Awesome! Tu, you're the best cousin a guy could have and my other cousins as well.Yeah, yeah, you're all the best."Bolin stutters.

We each grab our passport and thank him again.

"Thanks. I know this wasn't easy."Mako says and I smirk at Tu.

"In return, I promise that you'll get a much needed rematch in Pai Sho the next time we see each other."I promise and he rolls his eyes.

We played a few games last night and I absolutely destroyed him, I'm unbeaten after all.

"It's such a shame you two must leave so soon."Grandma sighs.

"I wish we could stay but if it's true that the earth queen is forcing airbenders into her army, we have to do something about it."Mako explains.

"I love you guys.Come visit again."she says and the four of us hug which transforms into a massive family hug.

"I love you too, grandma."I reply.

"And Chow and Tu and Meng-Meng and Chow Jr And there he is, big Tee and Little—Little Tee, and Medium Yu and—and—and what was your name again?"Bolin asks causing me laugh quietly.

We say a final goodbye to the rest of our family and make it successfully back to the upper ring.

We run back to our house and are greeted by Korra.

"Mako! Sophie! Bolin! You're okay.Where have you been?"Korra asks when we stop in front of her, panting.

I hate running so much.

Bolin explains the whole situation very vaguely and drops to the floor.

I look at him for a second before deciding 'who even cares?' and fall on top of him.

I sit on his back while he lies face down on the floor, too exhausted to even care.

I put Pabu on my lap and listen quietly as Mako explains the situation.

Korra starts getting mad but stops when Asami makes us aware that the queen is approaching.

I stand up and give Bolin a hand.

I hold Pabu to Bolin's shirt and he quickly hides.

She walks closer to us and tells Gun to inform us that they've received information that more airbenders have been found in the Yang Province.

Korra thanks her sarcastically and the queen starts talking about us leaving but interrupts herself by sneezing.

"Is there an animal in my presence?"she shouts and grabs gun by his neck.

I step in front of Bolin and stretch when I see Pabu tails peaking out of his shirt.

The queen carries on shouting at Gun but stops to tell us that if we need any help packing we can ask for assistance.

"He'll see to it that you are on your way by evening."she says and turns to leave.

"Uh, this evening? I'm not sure about leaving so soon."Korra shrugs.

"Because our airship is having engine trouble."Asami carries on and I nod in agreement.

"It'll take us at least till tomorrow to finish the repairs."I carry on.