38) Pulling a 'Kuvira'

This is based off of episode 6

Sophie POV

After discovering that Su was about to commit a act of war (or also called pulling a 'Kuvira'), we look around for anybody who could help us and we find Jinorra and Opal.

"Korra! You have to stop Su before she does something terrible!"Jinorra pleads.

"Stop her?"Opal asks loudly," We should be helping her!"

I look at her,"We have no idea where your mom is or what her plan is. If we go charging into Kuvira's camp, we could get them all captured or worse. All we can do now is wait."

Opal seems to agree but suddenly the speakers around the city jump to life and Kuvira speaks through them.

She announces Su's betrayal but that she will stay peaceful under the condition that the remaining leaders of Zaofu offer the city's complete surrender.

"Korra, you can't let Kuvira get away with this. We have to go break out mom and my brothers."Opal starts and they start arguing.

Ikki and Meelo  are now up too and asking Korra what to do.

After Korra concludes that her and Jinorra will try and talk something out with Kuvira I excuse my self and half rush to my room to look for anything that could help them.

After Meelo and Ikki go back to bed and I assume everyone goes back to their bedrooms I catch Korra walking past my room.

"Korra listen to me. Kuvira is not going to let you talk this out with her. She wants to proof her strength."

Korra groans,"Why won't you guys just let me try? Im the Avatar! I know I have been out for a while but I got this.How do you know that you aren't wrong about her? I got to try."

"I have heard stories about Kuvira. Terrible things she has done and is doing. She is not sane. And yes you are the Avatar but Korra let's be honest, you aren't in your prime. And although I don't want to admit it, Kuvira is in hers."

Korra's eyes turn harder,"I'm going to try."and shoved past me.

If only Korra knew that I hadn't just heard the stories but also experienced them.

The next morning just after sunrise I watch as Korra, Jinorra and Opal confront Kuvira and her army.

I stand away from the people left behind and watch from further down, closer to the three incase I have to interfere.

Soon enough Korra must have switched up her peaceful state of mind and Kuvira and her start fighting.

Who would have guessed?

I've seen Kuvira fight many times and know her style, Korra doesn't.

Korra is seriously loosing the fight and I can't stand to watch.

I start walking closer towards the fight at a steady pace, giving Korra a chance to redeem herself.

Korra is kicked back by Kuvira and I start to get nervous.
Korra is more rusty than I thought.

I'm about 20 meters away from Jinnora and Opal but never take my eyes off of the fight.

I see Jinnora step closer too try and help Korra fight but Korra shouts at her to stay away.

Korra has now gone into the avatar state after what must have been the tenth time hitting the floor.

This finally matches Kuvira and she starts beating her ass.

Korra is about to smash a bolder into Kuvira's ugly face when Korra freezes mid air and falls to the floor.

Kuvira uses this and uses metal to hold Korra up helplessly into the air before smashing her into the ground and enclosing her in rock.

I start running and use fire to boost me into the air just as Kuvira draws knives to give Korra the final blow.

I use my momentum and shoot lightning, aiming for Kuvira's head but sadly only hitting her feet.

She stumbles back but catches herself as I land in front of Korra.

"Enough reigning terror for today Kuvira. Take your army and conquer the next poor city."

"This is between Korra and I, Sophie! And you just broke our agreement.Your going to regret this! Attack!"she shouts and points a dictator finger at us to which her army quickly follows through.

"Sophie run!"Korra shouts and I look at her over my shoulder to see that she looks absolutely terrified and tired.

"It's fine."I tell her as I clap my hands letting a wave of fire travel to Kuvira's army.

My firebending has gotten a LOT better over the years.

Jinorra and Opal start creating a tornado around us and I combine it with some fire to make it like a wall of protection for us.

Jinnora uses her spirit skills to call for help and I start shooting lighting at Kuvira's army.

At this point I don't even care if they get hurt.

Korra gets out of her rocky prison just as Meelo, Ikki and Pepper arrive.

They quickly fly into the tornado and land next too us.

I help Korra up on Pepper and wait till everyone else is on till climbing up myself.

We fly out and I have to hold Opal back from jumping off when she cries after her captured family.

I look over my shoulder at Kuvira one last time and see her smirk in victory.

The fight might be over but the war has just started...again.