28.

Thank you Eliza!!!

Once she slipped under the covers, pulling the blanket over her shivering body, Erin was glad she was able to hide underneath. Because if she was able to control at least a little bit of her emotions while down there and hold back a few tears, she wasn't able to do so now.

Releasing a sob as her cold fingers clutched onto the comforter tightly, the blonde squeezed her eyes shut in an attempt to prevent the tears from falling.

But nothing seemed to help.

"Cariño", a soft voice to her left spoke up, before some weight is settled onto the mattress, signaling Erin that Misa had taken a seat beside her.

The blonde felt the warmth of the sun from outside shine into her face as the blanket was carefully tugged away from over her head, revealing a pair of worried, dark brown eyes staring back at her.

"Hola, cariño", María whispers, a gentle smile on her lips as she reaches up, brushing a few strands of blonde hair out of her girlfriend's face.

But the therapist pulls away quickly, signaling to the goalkeeper that she didn't want to receive any of those touches right now.

"Don't push me away... I... I just want to be here for you", the brunette assures her, the smile on her lips fading as she saw Erin turn aroun, the blonde's back now facing her.

She really wasn't in the mood.

"I... I want to be alone for a while", the blonde replies in a soft, yet cracked voice that is barely hearable, as she wipes away her tears, before pulling the blanket back up, all the way to her chin.

Hearing Misa release a sigh sorrowful, Erin squeezes her eyes shut.

"Erin?", the brunette breathes.

"Hm?", Erin hums.

"I'm sorry for the way I acted earlier. I guess... I had a little too much to drink last night. And I'm sorry I didn't realize you really had a headache", Misa tells her in a soft voice, even though she's somewhat annoyed that Erin is shutting her out like this.

Again.

But during those months into their relationship, the goalkeeper had learned that whenever the blonde needed a moment to herself, there was no way she would be able to convince her otherwise.

What Erin needed was time.
Time to process everything that had happened.

"Okay...", was the only response Misa received, before silence settled over the room, clarifying to the goalkeeper that Erin actually wished to be alone.

Well, maybe if...

"I'm going downstairs... you can.... just let me know if there's anything you need", Misa sighs, saddened that she didn't have the power to cheer her girlfriend up, as she's managed to do so many times before.

The goalkeeper remains sitting on the edge of the bed for a few more seconds, wondering if her girlfriend was going to say something in response.

But she didn't.

So Misa stood up, releasing another sigh, as she slowly made her way to the door. Not without pressing a soft kiss on the blonde's forehead, silently telling her that she would be there for her whenever she was ready.

Always.

Because after all, she truly loved Erin.

"Gracias", was all Erin murmured when she heard the door being opened, her words instantly causing the goalkeeper to stop her movements.