06 | ACT 2: COSTUMING

PLAY TRACK SIX: BAD DECISIONS

If someone had to ask Kumiko what her relationship with her uncle was like she would say it was simple.

Tadaomi Karasuma and Kumiko Karasuma knew they loved each other, it was a simple fact. Tadaomi paid the bills at home and took care of her while Kumiko's parents were handling their matters in another prefecture.

All Kumiko had to do was do her best. Get good grades, not cause trouble and help her uncle around the apartment if she could. It was a normal type of relationship.

The only abnormal thing is that her uncle is an agent from the ministry of defense. People would be weirded out that their family member is this some sort of super soldier (which he is and is completely weird but that's besides the point) but Kumiko just sees him as her dear uncle. The brother of her mother is somewhere in Japan.

That's why Kumiko was completely put off seeing her uncle in her school when it wasn't a parent-teacher conference.

'His subordinates are here as well,' she thought as she checked her phone to see if her uncle messaged her about this. 'He hasn't.'

"Your uncle is here?" A voice behind her pointed out. Kumiko turned around to see Asano approaching the vending machine she was hiding behind.

The vending machine was behind a wall and walking past it was the other path to go to E-Class. It was easy to go unnoticed since there were growing weeds behind and had walkway poles.

Kumiko nodded, "he has colleagues with him as well." Asano raised his eyebrows and looked behind her to see the people her uncle was with. Kumiko followed his stare and sighed.

"Do you know why?" He asked but Kumiko could only shake her head because that was the truth. She didn't know why her uncle was here and she wanted to find out.

Asano only gave her another raised brow as his reply. "Maybe your dad is hiring security, who knows? There might be people in the world who have the balls to rob rich kids."

"Funny."

She rolled her eyes and went behind the corner again to look at him. "Why are you here anyways, don't you have something to do?" Gakushuu Asano always had something gone whether it was good or bad.

"Not really, since the whole moon incident my father is trying his best to get everyone focused and get everything going."

Oh yeah, the moon blew up a few days ago. She keeps on forgetting that detail.

"I can try to get him to fess up why he's here if you leave and buy me a meal in the cafeteria as well as a soda." That was the reason why she came to this specific vending machine anyways since there was a line near her classroom and she was craving some onigiri. "Fine but if you don't get anything out of it, you're doing my paperwork for the next assembly."

All it took was that threat for Kumiko Karsuma to actually try to find the reason why Tadaomi Karasuma was in her school.

The aftermath of that was that she had to do Asano's paperwork for the next assembly which sucks.

"You seriously didn't get anything out of him?"

"For the fifth time, he completely dodged and immediately went up to E-Class once he realized I was unto him."

"God, you suck at investigating." Asano easily dodged an eraser.

"What? You know I'm right." Kumiko rolled her eyes at him, she scribbled the next set of announcements.

Kumiko was very good at being snoopy. It was the fact that he had the audacity to say it when he just made her cover up a bullying case a few days ago.

It took a while but telling people to not report an A-Class student was not easy. Kumiko has to do their homework for weeks because her classmates just can't keep their fists to themselves. "Worst case you ask your dad which is an option that both of us don't want us to do." She pointed out, "Best case however is waiting for the assembly if there's any noticeable changes in E-Class and that's where we know if he has a contribution to it."

"Whatever, it's getting late. We can talk about this more over the phone." Kumiko felt something warm on her cheek, "Do you want to walk home together?"

"We go on opposite train lines. Best you can do is buy me a drink from the vending machine." She started packing up the papers while Asano just watched. When she was done, she tilted her head up to press their lips togethers.

It was quiet until they separated.

"See you later."

timeline: (prologue->chapter 4) 2nd year junior high (chapter 5 and beyond) 3rd year high & where canon starts

END TRACK SIX