08 | SHOWTIME

​​​​​​PLAY TRACK EIGHT: THE KING

'A headache is coming, I feel it.'

Kumiko thought annoyingly as she watched her schoolmates go line up in the gymnasium. E-Class hasn't arrived yet, her guess was that the mountains were acting up (something that happens apparently and she doesn't want to know how and why.)

She was behind the stage and waiting for everyone to settle before distributing the handouts for each class. 'Why am I even distributing them?' Her eyebrows furrowed a bit as her annoyance grew more, 'I'm not even in the student council.'

It was weird from an outsider's standpoint. Kumiko wasn't part of the student council but doing some of their duties, you would think it was because the goodness from her heart and not because Asano Gakushuu was being a little bitch.

If he didn't corner her that morning, she wouldn't be in this position right now.

Kumiko felt a sudden pang in her head, there it is. The headache is here and as luck would have it, E-Class arrives in the gymnasium.

She leaned against the stage entrance and watched them enter the gymnasium. Isogai stood out being the only one seemingly fine despite being riddled with sweat, he should be grateful that the venue has air conditioning.

'They're early this time,' Kumiko thought while going down the stage's stairs. 'I wonder when uncle is coming.'

Clutching the papers that were divided into 8 sections, Kumiko wondered if Araki's prank will actually work. It was a cruel thing but what can she do? Stop them? She needs allies not enemies in this school if she wanted to survive in this school.

Kunigoaka was weird for fostering that kind of environment anyways. If you weren't aiming for the top, you would find yourself having a hard time not falling from the bottom. It was just pure luck she ended up being friends with Asano and yet it doesn't even feel like friendship. They were allies who use each other for their benefit and it makes her feel like shit.

As luck would have it, the assembly was going to start and she had no time to think. She straightened up and prepared for the assembly.

Allies or enemies are stupid anyways, Kumiko just had shitty friends.

Isogai accepted the fact that they were going to get the short end of the stick.

They were the End Class and because of that class wasn't necessarily welcomed due to the Principal's whole system. It was just a miracle they were able to get to the assembly on time but this was not the end of their bullying since even getting school reminders was a challenge as well.

He knew it was going to be a challenge since he saw it was Kumiko Karasuma who was distributing the handouts.

She looked surprisingly innocent while distributing those papers, not minding when the student council's announcements start.