chapter 2

"Hi babe , sorry am late ." I said kissing him .
"It's okay love, I know you were busy obsessing on the mirror on how your face is looking ." Andrew said starting the car .
" Babe I am a lady it's natural for me to pay attention on how am looking ." I said . I have to look presentable even if am wearing thrift clothes. " I know love but I love you no matter how you look " he said  driving to my work place . Today Tia isn't coming because well , you  know a girl's thing I mean its that time of the month. So I will be all alone and covering up for her.
We arrived 20 minutes later because it's not too far from home but Andrew can't just let me come here alone , he says its not safe for me . "Thanks  Babe 
But you know you don't have to be doing this everyday " I said .
" It's only way to make sure you're safe love " Andrew said giving me a peck on the lips " I will come and pick you  up later ." He said.
" Hi Joel , how are you? "  I asked . Joel is the owner of the  convenient store . He is a nice guy but the girlfriend it's another story . But lately he has been distancing himself from her and I think Tia , my bestie , is the reason .
" Am fine , Zee. Though you are late " he answered.
" I know am sorry , I was making sure Tia is comfortable  since she's not feeling well " I replied .
" What ?  What's wrong with her ?" He asked nervously .
" Don't worry she will be fine , after some good rest "  I answered him . " Why didn't you call me to tell me that she's not feeling well ? " He asked . " Sorry I didn't want to disturb you , you must have been busy attending to customers "I replied  .
" I don't care, I would have closed the store and come to see her . Her health is more important " he answered sadly .
" I am sorry , I will do that next time ." I told him . " I will call her on my way out. " He said .
" Hmm... I am asking if you can call her tomorrow morning , I left her sleeping  " I told him .
" Oh ok , I will do that . Please don't forget to lock this place  when it's time to go  " he said leaving.  " Alright boss , have a goodnight ." I said to him . I don't know what Tia and i would have done if it wasn't for him to offer us this job . We could be on the streets by now . Though Andrew has been asking me to move in with him  but I have been turning down the offer . Don't get me wrong I would be happy to move in with him but my fear is what if we grow apart or he gets tired of me besides I can't leave Tia alone like that unless she's able to pay bills on her own . 'Well it's going to be a long night here alone . We close up at 01am ,  I wish Tia was here .'