3

I was unprepared for exactly how lonely I actually was at Hogwarts. Looking once at the Gryffindor table, I made a decision.

“Erm, Fen, This is the Ravenclaw table,” Milo told me nervously.

I rolled my eyes. “I know, but you’re my only friend, so I’m sitting here,” I nonchalantly said like I wasn’t almost in tears the night before.

He looked at me before accepting the answer.

“So how's Reign? I haven’t seen her yet,” I noted aloud.

He looked at me as if I was stupid. “She’s working as an intern for the Department of Mysteries. Promised to write to us both though,” he informed me.

I nodded, absorbing that information.

A boy in front of me decided to speak, “Hi! I’m Galaxy Wynters! Don’t ask about my first name, my mom is a fan of space,” he introduced himself.

I was taken aback at first, by his cheeriness, then smiled. “Nice to meet you Gal. I’m Fenrir Malfoy. Ignore my last name, I share it with some idiots,” I joked.

He smiled at that.

Soon, I was smiling widely, so caught up in making fun of Milo that I almost didn’t notice Harry looking at me with a sad look. Almost being the key word. I quickly looked away from him and got up. “I uh, have to go,” I said quickly then rushed out. I kept walking until I reached Binns' classroom. Taking my seat, I took out the book and wrote a greeting.

«How do you deal with people you thought were your friends but turned out not to be?»

§Don’t get attached is what I did.§

«But you’re a Slytherin, and I’m a Gryffindor.»

§That doesn’t mean that you can’t have Slytherin qualities.§

I smirked, Tommy-boy had a point after all, just because I’m in one house doesn’t mean I can’t act like another.

«Touché Diary-boy»

I quickly closed the book when noticing that others started to come in. I, of course, didn’t expect Harry to sit next to me. I tried not to pay much attention to him, with little luck.

“Fenrir I’m so sorry about Ron,” He apologized.

I chose to ignore him.

It wouldn’t be good if I lost control so soon.

Harry looked like he wanted to say something else, but he didn't have the chance to when Professor Binns floated in the classroom through the blackboard like he usually did.

Even if it was a new year, the professor's droning on hadn't changed in the slightest.

Everyone basically fell asleep while listening to the ghost rattle on and on until the bell for class finally rang.

I quickly packed up and left, not wanting to listen to Harry's false apologies again. I was sure that, if he was really sorry, then he would have stepped in when Ron first made those nasty comments. It wasn’t long before I reached the Potions classroom. Only at the last second did I realize I still had to tutor Harry. I internally groaned as Harry awkwardly shuffled next to me.

Snape was already at the front of the classroom, and he waved his wand at the board to show what we'd be doing that day.

I internally cringed at the potion we'd had to make, knowing the Wiggenweld Potion from last year definitely gave Harry some trouble.

He had us all review what we knew about the potion before heading off to make it.

It was awkward between Harry and I as we made the potion, neither of us saying any more than necessary. Like for example,

“Harry. No.”

“Put. it. Down”

“Harry, I swear to Merlin-”

“HARRY JAMES POTTER DO NOT PUT THAT IN THERE OR I SWEAR I WILL GET HERMIONE!”

Except the last one had 20 points taken from Gryffindor and a swat at Harry’s head. Besides my ‘abuse’ of Harry, nothing much was said.

Thankfully, the class soon ended with minimum injuries and we now had a free period.

I didn’t waste any time and went to seek out Milo. I, of course, found him in the library. “Hey Milo, what's up?” I greeted, startling him a little bit.

“Just doing some review work for Charms,” He answered, looking a bit embarrassed about being spooked.

I nodded, then sat next to him. “Your cousin is not only a git, but a lost cause in potions.” I informed him, not even exaggerating.

He snorted. “That's an understatement. He stayed with me and mum over the summer. She banned him from the potions lab before he even gotten started to help her.” He laughed.

I smiled a little, it was something that Harry would get banned from.

We talked some more before a girl with almost black yet still brown hair came over.

A Slytherin it seemed. “Hello! I’m Karayan Ember. Fourth Year, male, and bringer of chaos. My assistant is doing something, and my pupil is… in class I think.” S- He chirped.

I took a moment to take all that in. Something about his aura seemed familiar, yet I couldn't quite place it.

“I’m Milo Quinn, and that's Fenrir,” Milo greeted with a smile.

I rolled my eyes. “Nice to meet you, Ember,” I politely replied.

“Eh, call me Kara or Karayan,” he waved off.

I looked at Milo and he just shrugged back.

Karayan sat down in the seat across from me. “Anyways, I’m not really here to learn, just to watch over the school for a few years. Sort of like Fifi but with more power,” he said out of nowhere.

“...Great.” I sighed, before getting up to leave.

This was going to be an interesting year.