4

I looked at Felis in complete disappointment. “Felis. I don’t think anything could be more disappointing than this.”

Of course, at that moment, a voice said behind me, “Harry in Potions is quite disappointing!”

No matter what he tells you, I did not screech and throw a hex at Karayan.

“Wha- HOW did you get in the Gryffindor towers?!” I sputtered, completely at a loss.

He just smiled and said, “Madam Lady of Godric let me in!”

I blinked. “Who?” I asked, he looked at me for a few seconds before smacking his head.

“The Fat Lady,” he explained as he rubbed where he was smacked.

I understood that part. I quickly realized I was getting off track.

“Ugh, nevermind, I can tell you’re confused. I’ll leave.” With that, Karayan left me to my confusion.

I decided to forget that happened and turned back to Felis, or at least where he used to be. I huffed indignantly at my orange cat, who had taken a liking to Mrs. Norris and was frequently spotted with her. I couldn't believe that my cat had basically abandoned me for Filch's cat. Of course, that meant if I wanted to find one, I had to find the other. Leaving the common room, I started my search. It only took an hour, and I, unsurprisingly, found him with Mrs. Norris.

“Felis. I’m going to pull a Mrs. Weasley here if you dare disappear out of nowhere again,” I warned, causing him to narrow his eyes at me. “Don’t you look at me like that young… cat. Or you’ll be grounded.” I threatened.

Thankfully, he got the message and walked over to me

I sighed then looked at Mrs. Norris. “You could do so much better,” I informed her. I then picked up Felis and started the walk to the common room. Thankfully, I got there with no interruptions. My luck didn’t last for long though, because I was cornered by Harry.

“Fen, I didn’t agree with Ron. Please, be my friend again,” he pleaded

I searched his eyes for any form of deceit.

Upon seeing none, I sighed. “Fine. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need a nap. And if someone called Karayan comes out of nowhere, don’t question it,” I informed him, truly tired.

It seemed as if the gods did not favor me, for said person decided to pop up. “Oh, you could totally question it, but you won’t get anywhere!” Karayan chirped, looking unnaturally bothered. “I seemed to have left a very special device here though,” he said sheepishly.

Harry looked at him, then me. “...Could it be that Golden Diary that's locked?” Harry asked.

Karayan brightened and nodded.

Harry pulled said diary out of his bag and handed it to him.

“Thank you, Sir Potter!” Karayan cried out dramatically, “But I must be going! The fate of this world won’t write itself!” With that, Karayan apparated. At 14 years old. And inside Hogwarts.

“As I said, don’t question it.”

-Time skip which shall now be marked by these >♪-

Harry started sitting with Milo and myself at the Ravenclaw table after that. With the occasional appearance of Gal and Karayan, things were relatively calm. Well, as calm as it could be. Draco started to get more annoying as the days passed. Even Felis seemed fed up with him.

I, unfortunately, couldn’t do anything. I sighed and looked over at the Gryffindor table.

Surprisingly, Hermione was glaring at me.

I quickly looked away. It wasn’t worth it to concern myself with them anymore.

That's when another Slytherin came up to the table. This Slytherin, possibly a girl, came up to the group from behind Karayan. They leaned down behind the unsuspecting Slytherin and whispered, "Boo."

What followed could only be described as a screech crossed with a dying cat.

Karayan put his hand on his heart. “Why did you do that?! I could’ve set something on fire!”

The other Slytherin, one that definitely looked about Flint's age, cackled darkly. "I am bound by law to scare everyone I can. And before you ask 'what law', it's the law of Survival of the Fittest."

I stared at the interaction before looking at Milo for help.

Instead of helping, he awkwardly asked, "Er… Who are you?"

"Val, short for Val," they said.

"But-"

"Shhh. Don't try to outlogic me," Val said softly. "I'm also known as Karayan's associate."

Karayan nodded, then picked up a piece of toast. “Logic is a mere theory to us. It exists only to try and stop us, not that it succeeds of course,” Karayan explained.

I nodded, like I understood, when in reality, I had no idea what was going on.

Gal however, seemed unfazed. “Like gravity and bees,” Gal innocently suggested.

The look on Karayan's face told us that it was probably a sore subject for him.

I sighed then got up, not wanting to suffer a headache. I looked over at Harry and saw his confusion. “So Harry, we should study potions right?”

The look of sheer terror on Harry's face made Val cackle. "Potions and Harry - what a deadly combination," Val mused before twirling around. "Anyway, I'm going to chill by the Whomping Willow. See you later, kids." Val gave a mock two-finger salute before heading off.

"Val's not actually going to the Whomping Willow, right?" I asked as I gave a subtle glance at Harry, who had been brutally attacked by said tree a few days prior.

"Eh, it's her spot," Karayan replied with a shrug.

"But… The Whomping Willow attacks people," Harry pointed out.

Karayan gave a grin that indicated he knew something we didn't. “Anyways, I’m going to chill in the Chamber of Secrets.” Karayan chirped, then promptly disappeared, leaving behind black glittery dust.

I took a deep breath, held it, then exhaled. “Hogwarts gets weirder every day,” I eventually said.

Everyone else voiced their agreement, except for maybe Gal, who just maintained a fed up look.

I gave him a questioning look before deciding I really didn’t want to know.

At least, hopefully, Karayan can keep whatever's in there, inside of the chamber.