Hire

No one pov:

The world is full of vampires, monsters, magic, and all sorts of stuff. This story is not exactly about two vampires but rather about the human who works for them or will soon. First, let's go to how it all started. There was a boy named (y/n) (l/n). He is an average guy. He had two loving parents and a little brother. Then he lost them after a car accident when he was 17. He had a sense of depression from all that had happened. But he decided to keep moving on. He finally finished high school. He decided to get a job right away. He sold his home and a lot of things. He just wanted to get a new fresh start. So, he was wandering around the streets.

(y/n): what to do? I should get a job soon.

Then he found a flyer on a pole. He took it and read it. It was about a job available. It was being a cleaner/assistant/butler in some way. The pay was better than average, and a place to live. (y/n) decided to go to the address and maybe take the job.

(y/n) pov:

I went to the address, and it was some castle. It seemed interesting. I knocked on the door. Then someone opened the door. It was a tall, strange man with a fancy suit and top hat.

He looked a little confused

???: can I help you?

(y/n): I'm here about this job

I showed him the paper. He smiled a bit at me.

Duke: you call me Duke, and who are you?

(y/n): (y/n) (l/n)

Duke: come in then (y/n)

I went inside. The place looked interesting, a bit scary, and dusty.

Duke: as you can see, this place isn't the cleanest. I want someone who can clean up things a bit and be like an assistant.

Then I noticed he had fangs. So I thought of what he could be.

(y/n): are you a...

Duke: a vampire, yes. Don't worry; I won't bite you. You look more than capable for the job.

(y/n): well, I know how to clean, cook, and stuff from learning from my mother and home economics. I believe I can do the job.

Duke: how old are you?

(y/n): I just turned 18 and graduated high school two months ago. I also read that I would be living here.

Duke: let me show you where you will be sleeping

I followed him through the castle a bit. Then we came to a room with a twin-sized bed, desk, and closest. It was a bit bigger than my old room. I tried out the bed.

(y/n): this feels comfortable, and this room is bigger than my old one. But what about you and... blood?

Duke: don't worry about that. I will take care of it, but I also get reserved blood bags from the hospital around here. So, you will get those for me.

We talked about more details of the job. Everything seems fine. I wanted a fresh start, and I guess I got it.

(y/n): I think I will take the job

Duke: perfect, you're hired

We shook hands with each other.

Duke: you will start tomorrow

No one pov:

(y/n) is now working for Duke. Things seemed to get a bit better for him. Duke was fair to him and appreciative of what he did for his home. After working for him for a while, Duke invited a girl named Missi to his home.