01. Long time no see

Walk, sleep, repeat

Walk, sleep, repeat. Over and over again. Days blend together, a never ending loop.

Everyday, i wake up from no more than 2 hours of sleep. Walk for hours on end. Maybe if I'm lucky I find a gas station or a car to take from and sleep in. Maybe even kill a Walker here and there.

Walk, sleep, repeat.

I kick a small rock down the endless road. The road I've been following for months. I'm pretty sure I'm in Georgia right now. I went from Georgia, to Florida, then back to Georgia. A lot of walking.

I just need to stay alive.

I've seen some groups here and there, they don't see me though. I've been on my own for 2-3 years. I don't exactly carry around a calendar.

I lose sight of the pebble I was kicking so I look up the road. I see about 10 figures walking, walkers. I can take 10 let's just hope they're not leading a heard.

Maybe I should cut through the woods, I don't exactly have the energy to take them down today. And my knifes to dull to do anything. I start to walk in the woods, till I find a tree that's tall and close to the road.

I could just wait for them to pass by. Then sleep, it is pretty dark out. I start to climb the tall tree. I get to a branch out of reach just in case a Walker sees me. I grab a rope from my backpack and tie my waist to the branch I plan to sleep on. I rest my head on the tree, closing my eyes.

I never realized how sleepy I was till I closed my eyes. That's when the nightmares began.

***

Here I am again, the black void. Nothing but blackness. "Monster" I hear. I look behind me seeing my mom, dad, and brother all clinging together, knives hanging from the top of their heads. "You killed us!" They chanted/ screamed. "You killed all of us!" They scream. I look around seeing everyone I've ever cared about, my classmates even, with knives through there head. Blood running down their face as they all scream "you monster"

"No, no no no you're not real you're not real" I cover my ears, squaring down and putting my head on my knees. "Monster!"
That's my worst fear, not heights, not dying, not being alone. Being a monster.

-

I woke up to growling. I look under me seeing 2 walkers clawing at the tree.

"What are those walkers doing?" I hear a voice say making me jump, I would have fallen from the tree if I didn't tie myself. I look through the leaves seeing a group of 13 on the other end of the road. Looks like they slept here last night. "I'll go check it out" I hear another voice say.

Shit. I start trying to untie my rope as fast as I can. I shove it in my backpack. By then 3 men, a redhead, one that looks scary with a beard, and one with a crossbow are already killing the walkers and looking around on the floor, looking for what they were doing. Shit.

I try to be as still as possible, I think I'm to high up for them to really see me. "I don't see nothin'" I hears one of the men say. I stop breathing, just to make sure they don't hear me.

Just then at the worst possible time. The keychain on my backpack breaks.

The men all simaltsniously look up at me. "Come down and we won't hurt you" they say pointing their weapons at me.

"Promise?" I let out. It's weird when you don't talk for months then just talk. It's weird feeling that feeling when you talk. I make sure my voice sounds scared.

Might as well act innocent.

"Yeah" scary answers. His voice seemed to soften. He must be the leader, I could tell by the way he talks and holds himself.

Dumbass.

I grab my knife and put it up my sleeve. I'm wearing a black cropped tank top that has some rips in it, a black flannel and jeans. I slip my extra pocket knife in my converse.

I slowly climb down then put my hands up.

"Who are you" scary says.

"Put your weapons down she's just a kid" he adds and they all slightly lower their weapons. But it seems that if I make any sudden movements their ready to blow my head off.

"I'm Cathrine grimes. No I don't have a group I'm alone. Okay here" I say and slowly take off my backpack and set it down infront of me. "You can have what're the fucks in the pack alright just let me go and i swear you will never see me again, I'm a women of my word." I try to bargain. Their either gonna rape me, kill me, or want me in the group. Maybe they will let me go. I mean they have enough people in their group they don't need another one. Which gives them more reasons to kill me.

I don't get why people lie about their names in the middle of an apocalypses like what's gonna happen. They find out ur address from the police files.

They all three look at each other. "Grimes?" The ginger asks.

"Listen I don't wanna hurt anyone," I say ignoring his question. "But I will" I add. Don't need to act innocent anymore. These men are buff, looking like they don't give two fucks if I'm innocent or not. They look like they know that no one's really 'innocent' anymore.

"Cathrine?" the scary one asks more to himself. He starts walking closer to me. I take two steps back, alerted. "Stand the fuck back" I say. I look them all up and down. Why does scary and crossbow look like they've seen a ghost. The ginger looks almost proud.

"Princess?" The scary one said, his voice seemed to be cracking, he looked shocked. What kinda kink does this guy have.

"Since I told you my name, it's common manners that you say yours. I would like to not keep calling you scary, ginger, and crossbow" I say with sarcasm.

"I'm your dad" scary says, ignoring my question.

I finally look into his features, blue eyes, beard, his eyes seem darker than the ones I look up to when I was little. He was my dad.

"Son of a bitch nuts" the ginger says.

a/n speaks:

I know this sucks but just hang in there