0.6 Runaway

0.6 Runaway

I remember when I first ran away, or wanted to anyway.

It was thanksgiving. There was grandma on the couch, screaming "Someone get me a beer" cause she was too fucking lazy to get up and walk 6 steps to the fridge. Mom was running around, trying to set the table. Carl was wailing on the couch next to grandma, screaming "Stop yelling" Mom decided that we should have thanksgiving at our house that year. I was 10. My aunts were running around the kitchen, trying to turn off the smoke alarm. My uncles and dad were watching the game, a beer in their hand. Not my dad though, he had orange juice. He never drank. Most of my Aunts and Uncles are just my parents' friends. Shane was there, but he was passed out on the floor since he did shots of vodka as a "pregame". My dad was trying to calm down Carl.

I was standing in the middle, looking around at the pure chaos. "Can I live at Enids?" Enid, my best friend since ages 3 to 12. She was the best person I know. My parents never approved of her since her parents left her and she lived with her grandmas in the bad side of town. They called her "ghetto" Maybe she was but at least she cared about me, gave me attention, and made sure I was okay. I loved her, platonically. I wonder if she's still alive? (Im changing Enid's backstory in the show, so just go along with it)

Anyway, I didn't get an answer so I kept trying to yell over them, "Please! Her grandma said I can! PLEASE can I live at Enids" My mom stopped mid walk. "Fine, yes, yes" she said right before she walked past me. I sigh, starting to walk slowly to the back door. "Fine! I'm gonna do it! I'm gonna leave and never come back!" Tears filled my eyes, seeing as no one cared. Was it selfish of me? yes, but little me wanted attention so bad she would do anything to get it. "Mama, Dad! I'm leaving" Tears stream down my face.

Enid's grandma did say I could live with them, Enid's grandma was in my life more than my mom and dad were. I know they loved me, and I loved them. They just got busy a lot, Enid's grandma was never too busy for me though. I stormed out of the house. I walked 6 miles to Enid's house, got catcalled 8 times, got threatened 3 times, and cried so much that I had a raging headache. I knocked on the door 3 times. Enid's grandma, which I called grandma, answered the door. She seemed so happy to see me, a huge smile on her face. Making a smile plaster on my face even though I still had tears running down my cheeks.

4 hours later, I finally got a call from my mom. I had this mini ipod that didn't work at all except for calling family and this barbie dress up game. It took them 4 hours to finally realize I was gone. When I finally walked back home. They were all sat at the table, laughing. Even my mom and dad, they didn't seem worried for me. They seemed like a huge burden just got lifted from their shoulders. That was the first time I ran away. I've run away 4 times.

I didn't sleep at all last night. I couldn't. I was too paranoid that my new "group" would leave me for the walkers. I hear those god damn growls, the growls that killed my family and my friends. I look behind me, along with the rest of Rick's group. There's a herd of walkers, about 30 following us. I look ahead at rick. He just turns his head and keeps walking but at a quicker pace this time, he's still limping slightly. I sigh, turning to the right and going into the woods.

"yer sure that's a good idea" I hear daryl say, making me turn around. "I mean there's walkers all around" he shrugs.

"I'll go with her" I hear Scott say, the first thing he's said all morning. I was about to protest but Scott was already making his way past me into the woods. "okay" I mutter, readjusting my backpack onto both of my shoulders. I honestly didn't even wanna go into the woods anymore. I wanted to go alone- not accompanied by some cocky, asshole, hot guy.

I slow my pace, so that i'm not walking right next to him. He slows his pace as well, making us walk right next to each other. "Tell me something about yourself that I don't know about cupcakes," Scott says, putting his hands in his pockets. He used to be my best friend, he already knows everything about me.