When I Met You

💖💖💖

💖💖💖

Wala pang isang minuto nang lumabas ang mga magulang ni Robb sa pinto, at nakatitig pa rin siya doon, nang walang pasabi o warning knock na pumasok ang lalaki.

At dahil nakaharap pa rin siya sa pinto, nagtama ang mga mata nila.

Hindi niya alam kung sino sa kanilang dalawa ang mas natigilan.

The look that he gave her was different from the usual look he was giving her before. Nawala na 'yong confident at mayabang na lalaki.

She remember what his parents said.

My son likes you very much.

She wonder kung ano ang nagustuhan nito sa kanya to go to the extent of marrying her.

"I-I have a question," she said in hesitantation.

He just nodded.

"K-kung hindi mo ako nakita noong araw na 'yon sa bahay nina Don Julio. Are you still going to backout from your engagement? Papaano ang kasal mo na alam na ng pamilya mo?"

"I don't care about my reputation. Ginamit ko 'yong sitwasyon para magkaroon ng reason to pursue you. Had I not met you that day. I will just allow Leila to escape and I would just tell my parents that my wedding will be cancelled because my fiancée developed a cold feet. Hindi mapagtanong ang mga magulang ko. They would just let it go since hindi pa naman talaga nila nakikilala si Leila."

"P-paano ang announcement?"

"I didn't announce in the paper until I met you. I think I told you that. So, that's basically almost two weeks ago."

Ang lalim ng hinugot niyang hininga. "Did... Did you know about the engagement?"

"Of course," he said right away. "But I think you knew it first. My dad called me for a meeting a few minutes ago to tell me that. My mom arranged it."

"It was cancelled."

"I know, and I'm glad. But they still wants me to ask you in front of the whole family. They will all be coming tonight."

She swallowed.

"You know what? I am so in awe of you. I was born and raise in the US. At hindi ko pamilya ang nagpalaki sa akin. I still speak and curse this freaking language. And you, just grow up here, and made your own way to learn, but speak English a lot better than a lot of people I know in this country. Better than Leila, if I may say."

Hindi niya alam kung bakit nito sinasabi iyon.

"You are perfect for me. I always thought that I wanted to marry a Filipino because of the conservatism that is instilled in our culture. But I never had a chance to actually date one. So when it's my time to tie the knot. Leila is the closest woman to that dream of mine. So, I grabbed that opportunity. And then I met you."